McKinley Wright

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Al had a very good year and he is one of our leaders on this team.

I know he’s a leader. But, if you can add talent like Wright - he would take Al’s minutes.  Simply because he’s better IMO.

Al can still come off the bench and make an impact.  And be a Sr leader and all that stuff.  

With an open scholarship, the only potential downside would be to redshirt one of the freshman guards as PT will be hard to come by.    And that wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.   

15 minutes ago, Bustout said:

I know he’s a leader. But, if you can add talent like Wright - he would take Al’s minutes.  Simply because he’s better IMO.

Al can still come off the bench and make an impact.  And be a Sr leader and all that stuff.  

With an open scholarship, the only potential downside would be to redshirt one of the freshman guards as PT will be hard to come by.    And that wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.   

He’s too short to take ALs minutes. You can’t have a guard rotation with nobody taller than 6’1

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

He’s too short to take ALs minutes. You can’t have a guard rotation with nobody taller than 6’1

Depending on the liquor store they are in....Yogi and Hulls say hi.  Never count out a Lolly-pop Guild back court unless they are playing a tall, long 2-3 zone team and one of them only has one arm that works.

6 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Depending on the liquor store they are in....Yogi and Hulls say hi.  Never count out a Lolly-pop Guild back court unless they are playing a tall, long 2-3 zone team and one of them only has one arm that works.

You can get by with 2.  Oladipo and Remy Abel were 6’5 and 6’4.  And our short guards did give us a lot of issues that year. 

14 hours ago, Bustout said:

Take him over Durham all year long

I would want that if we have that option. It never hurts to add a feisty, talented guard to any lineup. While Lander is an awesome talent, we shouldn't forget he's a true freshman who skipped his high school senior year to start early. Lander can learn a lot from McKinley let alone McKinley's direct contribution to games. 

7 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

You can get by with 2.  Oladipo and Remy Abel were 6’5 and 6’4.  And our short guards did give us a lot of issues that year. 

Ya, i couldnt find the emoji that conveyed the correct level of sarcasm-ness so i was hoping the Lolly-pop Guild would do the trick so i just went with it.  Aparently i was wrong.  

Spud Webb and Mugsey Boges in the back court would make things rough.

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I mean, we have a 100+ page thread on a kid that IU was never remotely interested in recruiting...

Touché. At least for him he was available if IU wanted to offer. This guy isn't even available. But, yeah, 100+ pages for Brown is also ridiculous.

A lot of talk about a player that I don’t see coming here, which is fine, least I get to read something 👌🏼. I will however echo posters above, we don’t bring in a player like Lander early to go with Al and Rob, we would need to go 3 guard quite a lot to spread the minutes. 3 guards sounds groovey and all that, but with a shortened B1G only season I’d like to have some size on the floor. Sorry for rambling- it’s early

Betty Hoover passed away this week at the age of 95.  She and her sister had season tickets to the University of Colorado since 1958.

Buffs Fans Mourn Loss Of Decades-Long Superfan Betty Hoover – CBS Denver

Here is a video of Mckinley Wright, talking about Betty L

McKinley Wright IV shares favorite memory of iconic Colorado twin Betty Hoover 

Archived