Bruiser Flint leaving IU ?

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Reminds me of when Larry Brown hired Danny Manning's dad to get his son to come to Kansas.  Dave... love ya man.  And want you to stay safe.  However, I never want IU to hire someone.... just in order to get their kid.  Just does not sit right with me.  Sorry.

Ed Manning 

Miller does have experience being a coach where Manning did not

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Miller does have experience being a coach where Manning did not

Granted that.  I just don't like the optics.

However.  On the other hand.  What do I know ?

Question.  How many Miller coaches at IU is enough ?   Just kidding.

Just hope that Archie has a good replacement in mind.

19 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Reminds me of when Larry Brown hired Danny Manning's dad to get his son to come to Kansas.  Dave... love ya man.  And want you to stay safe.  However, I never want IU to hire someone.... just in order to get their kid.  Just does not sit right with me.  Sorry.

Ed Manning 

I get what you're saying but Miller brings a lot more than his son. He's a guy that I think would be a good hire even without his son.

Just now, milehiiu said:

Granted that.  I just don't like the optics.

However.  On the other hand.  What do I know ?

Question.  How many Miller coaches at IU is enough ?   Just kidding.

Just hope that Archie has a good replacement in mind.

I remember when Davis hired DJ Whites High school and Knight hired Felling which was Marty Simmons high school coach.

1 minute ago, cybergates said:

Thanks for bringing this to HSN 4 days before it happened.

The Lightning-Speed Waltz — parks-and-rex: sweethoneysempai: ...

I love this board because we do have some connected people...and yet none of the snobbery or smart @sses. Good people...just want to share and no one trying to make a name for themselves.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I love this board because we do have some connected people...and yet none of the snobbery or smart @sses. Good people...just want to share and no one trying to make a name for themselves.

My heart jumps with joy.... when members say things like this about Hoosier Sports Nation. Was the intent when Colonial Crestor started HSN 1.0, years ago.

Love having you being a member.

On 8/14/2020 at 8:28 PM, Coach1K said:

Anybody a good lip reader?

Why does it matter? Coaching disagreements like this happen all the time. It’s not a big deal and it’s not why he went to UK. Typically they happen behind closed doors but sometimes it happens in practice or on the sidelines. It just happens and it’s typically nothing personal.

18 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Why does it matter? Coaching disagreements like this happen all the time. It’s not a big deal and it’s not why he went to UK. Typically they happen behind closed doors but sometimes it happens in practice or on the sidelines. It just happens and it’s typically nothing personal.

Exactly...Arch punched a clipboard out of Ostrom's hands during a game and he's still around...

I'd rather work for someone that's passionate about their job than a do nothing doorknob...

Archived