Big Ten cancelling fall football...

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When do IU finals end and when does the next semester start? I wonder how much of a season they could squeeze in between the end of the spring semester and beginning of fall classes. Seems that it would be easier to have some sort of a bubble when no one else is on campus and there are no classes. 

1 hour ago, Indy1987 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this.  Tough times ahead for college sports.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/08/28/iu-athletics-announces-furloughs-other-measures-due-to-postponement-of-fall-sports/

Go Hoosiers!!!

Went through this with my job and many other companies are doing it.  Its not outside the norm really.

39 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

These first few games should be interesting.  Iowa st expecting 25k fans while Ames is the highest number of growing cases in Iowa behind Iowa city.

They don't give a frying F in Iowa about Covid.  School after school are having to go virtual or hybrid, days into opening classes due to outbreaks.

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Saw where the basketball oversight committee had recommended that basketball to start on November 25th.  I wonder if this will eliminate the pre season tournaments like Maui

While I do think its possible to have tournaments like that safely I doubt we will see them this year.  The extra costs with testing and safety procedures plus likely no fan attendance... just doesn't feasible or all that profitable.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 hour ago, Indy1987 said:

While I do think its possible to have tournaments like that safely I doubt we will see them this year.  The extra costs with testing and safety procedures plus likely no fan attendance... just doesn't feasible or all that profitable.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Also, since I know people that live in Hawaii, 14 day quarantine right now on arrival.  I don’t see any school wanting to travel there and incur that cost.  I think we will see low cost easy to manage basketball to keep the costs as low as possible.  That makes most sense for conference only play and maybe round robin regional bubble games that have been mentioned previously on here.

Archived