Big Ten cancelling fall football...

17 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Since you think you know everything. My mother is in my living room in a hospice bed dying. I have left the house 6 times since March 13th. if i bring covid in my house it will kill her. I was fortunate enough to caddy on the PGA Tour for 25 years and retired so i dont need to leave the house. I drive Uber in Bloomington for fun and to get out of the house.... Every nurse or friend that comes in my home wears a mask, glooves, googles and a face shield. My mom looked at me the other day and said you all had better go out because you are dying a slow death like me. I agree, as soon as i find someone to play golf i'm going. With that being said, people have to live the life they have!!

You are a hero... and if to no one else, your mom knows. 

Stay safe Kev. I hope you can find some time for yourself 

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to do the lose for 30 minute deal ala Joe Maddon and move on. For those of you more dialed into roster. Assuming we have zero football this year....who do we lose and have a chance to lose next spring. Still a pretty young roster but I don't know years of eligibility like I do with hoops. If anyone can shed some light I'd appreciate....and about 9 family members would too.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Trying to do the lose for 30 minute deal ala Joe Maddon and move on. For those of you more dialed into roster. Assuming we have zero football this year....who do we lose and have a chance to lose next spring. Still a pretty young roster but I don't know years of eligibility like I do with hoops. If anyone can shed some light I'd appreciate....and about 9 family members would too.

Not real dialed in but Whop is a senior and Penix actually can leave after this year but I don't see that happening.  I think what we would have to worry about more is that if other conferences keep playing we could lose guys to transfers.  The  only thing about that is the timing of this announcement because it is pretty late to think about transferring.  Schools should be starting anytime and practices are about to start so it would be hard to find a team to go to this late.  I would also think they will allow these players another year of eligibility like they did spring athletes.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Ok for the folks in the liability crowd. Maybe some of the attorneys on here can chime in but the term proximate cause is a pretty big deal. Proving where and when someone contracted a virus on a campus when they aren't in a bubble is nearly impossible. What does this mean? The fear of litigation or settlements is pennies on the dollar compared to the economic damage they are causing and will cause tens of thousands. 

Shoot I just a text from buddy who is a cop in Madison.....he goes just lost a ton of overtime $ this fall. This is just one example of tens of thousands of people who will be impacted by Big 10 in the name of fear or fear of liability. 

Perhaps we should reevaluate our priorities as individuals and as a country if the economy is more important than public health. Almost every other country in the world managed to figure this out, and there is largely a common denominator among those who couldn't. 

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

At the very least, there needs to be an open forum with the players in which the information being used to make decisions that drastically impact their futures is out in the open. 

I am not normally a litigious type, but I hope that the seniors, especially those who were considered borderline pro talent and were counting on this season to show more, form a consortium and sue the socks off the B1G.

They'd have absolutely no case. 

10 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Perhaps we should reevaluate our priorities as individuals and as a country if the economy is more important than public health. Almost every other country in the world managed to figure this out, and there is largely a common denominator among those who couldn't. 

A poor economy creates public health issues too.

29 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

And the folks that figured it out have 1/10th of 1/10th of 1% the responsibility of the USA economy. 

36 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

A poor economy creates public health issues too.

I wonder if those simply counting lives lost by COVID have thought about all the mental health issues this whole sh!tshow has caused.  Alcoholism, drug use, suicide, domestic abuse, etc has skyrocketed since we were all put on lockdown.   Children aren't learning because they can't be properly educated.  Their lives are being slowly destroyed. None of that is changing until we get back to normal.   Meanwhile, the vast majority of those dying from the virus were already living on borrowed time and likely wouldn't have lasted much longer anyways.

I'll say this. We all probably follow Chronic. What an absolute joke. These types of comments are the reason we are in the place today with zero leadership and guidance. I love Chronic's fandom and following....but man this is tough to put out tonight. If he's trying to run for public office I'd say this sort of comment is a good first step. Nothing of substance except kissing the absolute a-- of those making the calls today.

These words deserve our attention. Understand their pain & frustration. Hear their needs & concerns. Support their ambitions & assist in their challenges. Embrace their optimism & preserverance. They got the shortest end of this stick. We owe it to see them all to the other side.

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll say this. We all probably follow Chronic. What an absolute joke. These types of comments are the reason we are in the place today with zero leadership and guidance. I love Chronic's fandom and following....but man this is tough to put out tonight. If he's trying to run for public office I'd say this sort of comment is a good first step. Nothing of substance except kissing the absolute a-- of those making the calls today.

These words deserve our attention. Understand their pain & frustration. Hear their needs & concerns. Support their ambitions & assist in their challenges. Embrace their optimism & preserverance. They got the shortest end of this stick. We owe it to see them all to the other side.

First let me preface by saying I don’t use Twitter. Second, I have no clue who that is? Should I? Third, agreed...that’s a bunch of Mumbo jumbo kiss butt. 

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I dont do social media outside of this site and mean no disrespect at all.  Never heard of this dude. 

Can you provide some context so I can understand this?  Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I dont do social media outside of this site and mean no disrespect at all.  Never heard of this dude. 

Can you provide some context so I can understand this?  Thanks. 

He has a pod cast with Zach Osterman from the Indy Star, lives in BTown, do you need more because i really dont want to say it on here. Blue is watching...😊

Archived