An IU vs UK flag war on my block.

milehiiu

Neighbor across the street. Who once played for UK.  Put up a UK flag today.  He's actually a pretty good guy. Still shoots hoops in his driveway, most every day.

So........ I just ordered an IU flag to put up in my drive way. Should be here by the end of the week.

Keep in mind. We both live in Colorado.

HSN.... any other flag wars out there ?

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Neighbor across the street. Who once played for UK.  Put up a UK flag today.  He's actually a pretty good guy. Still shoots hoops in his driveway, most every day.

So........ I just ordered an IU flag to put up in my drive way. Should be here by the end of the week.

Trump v Biden?

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

They no longer live there, but I once had a Michigan / Ohio State couple across the street from me.  They hung both flags, which I always found funny.

So. Let me get this straight.  One couple who went to OSU and UM ?  If that is the case it is truly funny.  Surely would not want to be in the house after a game.

Not a flag war but a good friend and neighbor is a Huge Alabama fan, he knows I’m a mild ND football fan. IU all the way during basketball season!! Anyway when the two teams met 3-4 years ago he invited me to watch the game. Knew it was a mismatch but I went anyway for a free meal! Turned out the entertainment value was better than the meal! All game long it was WE did this, WE are controlling this! It was if he thought he was playing! And to think he never went to Alabama, just as bad as the KU basketball fans!

6 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Not a flag war but a good friend and neighbor is a Huge Alabama fan, he knows I’m a mild ND football fan. IU all the way during basketball season!! Anyway when the two teams met 3-4 years ago he invited me to watch the game. Knew it was a mismatch but I went anyway for a free meal! Turned out the entertainment value was better than the meal! All game long it was WE did this, WE are controlling this! It was if he thought he was playing! And to think he never went to Alabama, just as bad as the KU basketball fans!

Great story. And though not a flag war...comes close to it.  Thanks for sharing.  There is a reason, why I only invite IU fans over to watch IU games. LOL.  No seriously.

Thanks also for being a great Hoosier Sports Nation member.  And continue to stay safe.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My neighbor flies his ND flag out now on purpose because he found out I'm a Hurricanes fan. I'm not a flag guy but something is going to happen this fall. That's if ND proceeds.

I fly an American flag 24/7.  Have done for years.  Was the first on my block to do so.  Others followed suit. After me.   Even the UK guy.  However.... when I saw his UK flag replacing his American flag today..... I just had to get an IU flag.  Again he' a good guy. But something I felt I had to do.  I will be flying my IU flag on and off.  But nothing will ever get me from flying my most favorite flag  most of the time. 

19 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Lol I was kidding.  Sort of.  But I'm surprised there are UK fans out in your area.  I didn't know they had trailer parks in CO.

He actually does very well. His house is valued at close to a million dollars. Per Zillow. Just like mine.

He actually has more than one tooth.   LOL 

I work with a Mexican American guy and his younger brother asked him about flying the Mexican flag solo.  He told him it wasnt a good idea.  

He told me he couldn't really explain why very well so I explained flag etiquette and the reasons why it would offend people. Heck, it would offend me.  American flag at the top. 

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I work with a Mexican American guy and his younger brother asked him about flying the Mexican flag solo.  He told him it wasnt a good idea.  

He told me he couldn't really explain why very well so I explained flag etiquette and the reasons why it would offend people. Heck, it would offend me.  American flag at the top. 

I understand.  And get very upset seeing our American flag getting burned.  Yet.... some of the hardest working people I have met in my life came from Mexico.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I understand.  And get very upset seeing our American flag getting burned.  Yet.... some of the hardest working people I have met in my life came from Mexico.

I told him it's fine as long as its flown below the US flag. Told him after all, without immigration, I wouldn't have a taqueria close by and he would have never had dirt pudding. 

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I told him it's fine as long as its flown below the US flag. Told him after all, without immigration, I wouldn't have a taqueria close by and he would have never had dirt pudding. 

Flying a flag from another country is fine.  So long as it is NEVER flown above our great AMERICAN flag. Suggest if he wants to fly a Mexican flag. Do It. So long as it below the great American flag. 

And this would hold true for any other person who would want to fly a flag in our great country... from a country they are from.  Italy comes to mind.

24 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I fly an American flag 24/7.  Have done for years.  Was the first on my block to do so.  Others followed suit. After me.   Even the UK guy.  However.... when I saw his UK flag replacing his American flag today..... I just had to get an IU flag.  Again he' a good guy. But something I felt I had to do.  I will be flying my IU flag on and off.  But nothing will ever get me from flying my most favorite flag  most of the time. 

Just to make sure. American Flag I get all day long. I'm talking sports flag guy. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

They no longer live there, but I once had a Michigan / Ohio State couple across the street from me.  They hung both flags, which I always found funny.

There's a house in my neighborhood with an American flag on top and a Confederate flag underneath it. 

If I flew an IU flag down here in Texas, they'd mistake it for OU and burn my house down...

Invariably every time I wear my IU hat (like today) out someone says, "OU?!?"

I've said before, "I know Is and Os are both vowels, but they look nothing alike."

"Whud he say?"

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If I flew an IU flag down here in Texas, they'd mistake it for OU and burn my house down...

Invariably every time I wear my IU hat (like today) out someone says, "OU?!?"

I've said before, "I know Is and Os are both vowels, but they look nothing alike."

"Whud he say?"

The flag I bought today.  Has the IU logo. WIth the word. HOOSIERS along the border. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Keep in mind. We both live in Colorado.

UC vs X.   What's your neighbor's name?  If you don't mind my asking.

Archived