Don’t be Dissing on Indiana!

So I’m at the grocery store checkout counter. Kid at register looks at my shirt and says, “Hoosiers!” I’m like, “hey hey.” Then he says, yeah, what was it like going there, Indiana, the middle of nowhere. I say, ahh, you don’t know Bloomington. Girl bagging the groceries kind of grins, and the kid says, yeah but Indiana, nothing to do there.

Ah, opportunity. So I say, ok let me take you back a minute. Graduated ‘88. Playboy poll - when Playboy was still a mag. Ranks the top 10 college party schools. IU not ranked, what? Then we see the asterisk - IU Bloomington not ranked — they’re professionals! — kid and the girl got a kick out of that 

Yeah, Indiana / IU, don’t be talkin smack about my place lol 

Isn’t it funny how people have these perceptions about whole states, Indiana? 

31 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

So I’m at the grocery store checkout counter. Kid at register looks at my shirt and says, “Hoosiers!” I’m like, “hey hey.” Then he says, yeah, what was it like going there, Indiana, the middle of nowhere. I say, ahh, you don’t know Bloomington. Girl bagging the groceries kind of grins, and the kid says, yeah but Indiana, nothing to do there.

Ah, opportunity. So I say, ok let me take you back a minute. Graduated ‘88. Playboy poll - when Playboy was still a mag. Ranks the top 10 college party schools. IU not ranked, what? Then we see the asterisk - IU Bloomington not ranked — they’re professionals! — kid and the girl got a kick out of that 

And you bought that magazine for that article.  Right?

44 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Shhhh....don't tell anyone. We just keep luring companies/people to one of the greatest areas for cost of living, low taxes...and a state that still runs at a surplus that isn't subsidized by tobacco or oil. 

We'll just keep doing our little thing! Haha!

Archived