Favorite Pasta

Drroogh

On 8/20/2020 at 8:22 PM, Reacher said:

Lasagna (meat) for me hands down. I prefer the restaurants that understand quantity along with quality. Too often you just get a small portion while others get a take home portion of their pasta. Maggiano's is the first restaurant that came to mind. 

I love Maggiano's.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My wife loves Lasagna and we have gone to several nice italian restaurants but for some reason she loves Olive Garden over everything else. It is good but I like Maggiano's  by far. I love a good chicken Parm

Chicken Parm is my second favorite Italian dish. A chicken parm sandwich is great for lunch.

My wife not a fan of Olive Garden so haven't been there in many years. I do like them, however- even the endless salad. 

16 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Chicken Parm is my second favorite Italian dish. A chicken parm sandwich is great for lunch.

My wife not a fan of Olive Garden so haven't been there in many years. I do like them, however- even the endless salad. 

I love the salad and breadsticks for sure. Love some fast food Fazolis breadsticks 

• 3 months later...

So... a few days back. I chose to order some Lou Malnati's deep dish and Italian beef from Chicago.  Upon checking... I found that I ordered 4 boxes... instead of one.  Decided not to correct the order... almost $500.  Why change it ?  Arrived today (Dec. 9).  Mrs. mile took one box to HSN member... Waffle Head Fred as a Christmas present.  And will be doing deep dish from Chicago tonight.  Ummm.

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

So... a few days back. I chose to order some Lou Malnati's deep dish and Italian beef from Chicago.  Upon checking... I found that I ordered 4 boxes... instead of one.  Decided not to correct the order... almost $500.  Why change it ?  Arrived today (Dec. 9).  Mrs. mile took one box to HSN member... Waffle Head Fred as a Christmas present.  And will be doing deep dish from Chicago tonight.  Ummm.

I had Lou Malnattis deep dish last week. Was only my third time this year. Looks like you will be passing me up soon. Enjoy! The perfect compliment to some IU BB.

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I had Lou Malnattis deep dish last week. Was only my third time this year. Looks like you will be passing me up soon. Enjoy! The perfect compliment to some IU BB.ey

Hey. I knew IU was playing tonight.  But did not put one and one together.  Yep. Part of my freezer is now STUFFED, with Lou's.  Actually the frozen that I have had in the past is very close to what I have eaten in an Illinois store.  Stay safe.  This Lou's for you !

22 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I had Lou Malnattis deep dish last week. Was only my third time this year. Looks like you will be passing me up soon. Enjoy! The perfect compliment to some IU BB.

When I lived up that way, my youngest  daughter and I would go to the Malnati's in Evanston before or after the game when IU visited Welsh-Ryan...It does go well with IU basketball!

Loved the one in downtown Naperville that use to be a firehouse, too...

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

When I lived up that way, my youngest  daughter and I would go to the Malnati's in Evanston before or after the game when IU visited Welsh-Ryan...It does go well with IU basketball!

Full on cheese. Or sausage ?  I ordered both on line.

Memories.  Love that you and your daughter have memories to share.

12 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Not only the pizza but Lou's sweet vinaigrette salad dressing is really good. 

True.  Thanks for the reminder.  Will be ordering some the next day. Comes with 3 more Lou's pizzas.  This time pepperoni for my son... as that is his fav, 

51 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Been there many a time. Had my sons family birthday party there once. Even though many of the restaurants around here are closed, they (Nap loc.) were open for dining last week. They tented in their outdoor dining area and opened the firehouse garage doors. I prefer the sausage but got 1/2 sausage and 1/2 pepperoni. Ate 2 slices of sausage and 1 pepperoni. Wanted one more slice but my brain overruled my stomach. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

True.  Thanks for the reminder.  Will be ordering some the next day. Comes with 3 more Lou's pizzas.  This time pepperoni for my son... as that is his fav, 

Thanks to you I now have a Christmas idea. I dont really want or need anything so food it is. 

2 pack of Lou's. Cheese and pepperoni.  And a bottle of dressing. 

My preference is sausage but not the wifes favorite.  But all of it is good to me. 

6 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Thanks to you I now have a Christmas idea. I dont really want or need anything so food it is. 

2 pack of Lou's. Cheese and pepperoni.  And a bottle of dressing. 

My preference is sausage but not the wifes favorite.  But all of it is good to me. 

Happy to help. Took 3 days for delivery. Pleased during this heavy delivery time.  May GOD bless you and yours.

Archived