Most defining moments in American history.

rico

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Drroogh

Most people, even Mexicans that I work with, dont know what Cinco De Mayo represents.  I have been working with Hispanics for 12 years now, good people, and some good looking women just sayin!

Cinco De Mayo started out as an an American holiday in celebration of Mexicans defeating the French at the Battle of Puebla on May 5th 1862.  When they( Mexicans) defeated and drove out the French and the South lost all support from England and the French.

The Mexicans helped the North win the civil war.

4 hours ago, Drroogh said:

So all you American History Buffs, you really want to go out and learn about history!

Go out and experience history through the eyes of other countries! I know people from Mexico that really don’t think the peasant victory of Cinco De Mayo is near the importance as Mexico’s Independence! Turns out Cinco De Mayo may have been more important to America‘a history! Do some research!

Can remember a business trip to Reynosa Mexico, my friend and I stop in a small bar to get a drink. The guy next to my friend asks who that is behind him? We look around to see a life size picture on the wall.I simply reply that’s Pancho Villa. He bought us a round!

Can tell you about my friends from Europe especially my best friend in Russia if you want to hear a different perspective on History! 
And yes I know many people from the former Soviet Union that hate Russia!

We lost the Cold War. The KGB operatives infiltrated and took over our media and education systems and we are seeing the results of that today.

Am I wrong @Drroogh?

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

We lost the Cold War. The KGB operatives infiltrated and took over our media and education systems and we are seeing the results of that today.

Am I wrong @Drroogh?

We lost the Cold War, debatable! I’m still fighting my own version of teaching Russians that Americans can be good people.🙂

The rest of what you said? Without going political? Sorry can’t do it?

26 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

The day HSN was created has to rank up there somewhere. I mean, if it wasn't here could this conversation even be herd? :) ammiright

Colonial Crester created the original Hoosier Sports Nation.  And Hoosier Faithful kept it alive as HSN 3.0.... after CBS/247 terminated our agreement with them as HSN 2.0.

Yes you are right.  My days are filled, because of HSN. 

Archived