Billy Donovan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Donovan and Thunder have reached a stale mate. Predictions on where he ends up?

I don't see him going back to college so I wouldn't mind the Pacers going after him.  I would even trade TJ Leaf for him LOL!  I have seen NFL teams make trades for coaches but have not seen it in the NBA.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I don't see him going back to college so I wouldn't mind the Pacers going after him.  I would even trade TJ Leaf for him LOL!  I have seen NFL teams make trades for coaches but have not seen it in the NBA.

I was thinking the same thing. Anything would be an improvement for the Pacers. Besides doesn't Donovan already own a house in the southern part of the state?

Philly.  He's an East Coast guy.  He probably would of preferred Brooklyn but Nash had ties to GM Marks, I believe.  They could trade Harris for CP3.  Maybe Philly throws in a guy like Zhaire Smith if needed or  a 1st round pick?  Philly has 2 early second rounders also. So I expect they can work something out. CP3 and Billy just seem like a great fit with Embiid and Simmons. 

7 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

Philly.  He's an East Coast guy.  He probably would of preferred Brooklyn but Nash had ties to GM Marks, I believe.  They could trade Harris for CP3.  Maybe Philly throws in a guy like Zhaire Smith if needed or  a 1st round pick?  Philly has 2 early second rounders also. So I expect they can work something out. CP3 and Billy just seem like a great fit with Embiid and Simmons. 

The same "East Coast guy" that chose to coach OKC?

A thought that just crossed my mind.  I don't think that there will ever be a time when Billy Donovan will be out of a HC gig... either college or pro, for long.  Unless he chooses to stay out.

Tom Crean was out of a job. After IU.  For a time.  And I don't think that was due to his choice.  I still see a high demand for Donovan. 

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

A thought that just crossed my mind.  I don't think that there will ever be a time when Billy Donovan will be out of a HC gig... either college or pro, for long.  Unless he chooses to stay out.

Tom Crean was out of a job. After IU.  For a time.  And I don't think that was due to his choice.  I still see a high demand for Donovan. 

Maybe it just me....  I don’t consider the coaching ability of TC to be even remotely close to that of Billy Donovan. Not even a sniff.

Super high demand for a guy like Donovan without question.

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I like to stir things up a little and get some discussion going. Donovan calls IU and says I want to be the coach at Indiana beginning 21-22. You arebthe AD do you take him up 9n the offer and make it happen or say we have our guy?

Say we already have our guy. Do you tell Archie your plans and then he would leave right now and you would be without a coach for this season.

What happens if Archie would take this team to the final four because it wouldn't look good firing a coach after he went to the final four.

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I like to stir things up a little and get some discussion going. Donovan calls IU and says I want to be the coach at Indiana beginning 21-22. You arebthe AD do you take him up 9n the offer and make it happen or say we have our guy?

Never gonna happen but, to answer your hypothetical question for fun... YOLO!

You only live once is how I go about each and every day. If your lucky enough to stumble upon a huge opportunity, you take it - immediately. IU AD would be a fool to pass up the opportunity to lock in the hottest proven nationally coach on the market. Who top kids see as a ticket to the big show. 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Say we already have our guy. Do you tell Archie your plans and then he would leave right now and you would be without a coach for this season.

What happens if Archie would take this team to the final four because it wouldn't look good firing a coach after he went to the final four.

But instead of final 4 we miss tourney again

Archived