Hey Hoosier Sports Nation ! What's your favorite hot sauce ?

milehiiu

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not so much about hot sauces, but the peppers themselves...

The other night, we went to Red Robin for a burger and a beer...Against my advice, My wife ordered this...

image.png.b7885ac480f2f5c7c434d99be6827dce.png

Now I know Scorpion Peppers are on the North end of the Scoville, There are varieties, but they all are in the 10 range according to the Scoville Scale

It did give her a little distress later on :) 

Looking it up, I noticed the hottest pepper was the Carolina Reaper...Browsing through HEB the other day, I came across this...

image.png.60126c078ba628801afe5a71344bd9d1.png

As I've said, my son in law, is the Pepper King as far as I'm concerned...We've never found something so spicy he couldn't eat it...So I asked him if he wanted me to send some of this cheese, thinking I might have found "the one."

Turns out, he grows them in his garden and eats them grilled on a skewer...

🥵

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

Why some people can tolerate the world’s hottest pepper

Thought this was interesting 

Some people inherit fewer of the capsaicin-detecting receptors that typically line your mouth and throat, making them less sensative to the irritating compound in spicy foods. When binding with capsaicin, these receptors send “Hot! Hot!” signals to the brain via the trigeminal and vagus nerves.

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Why some people can tolerate the world’s hottest pepper

Thought this was interesting 

Some people inherit fewer of the capsaicin-detecting receptors that typically line your mouth and throat, making them less sensative to the irritating compound in spicy foods. When binding with capsaicin, these receptors send “Hot! Hot!” signals to the brain via the trigeminal and vagus nerves.

Gotta send that to my daughter...Explains her hubby...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really love the habanero sauce from Tijuana Flats. In general habanero strikes the best balance for me between heat and flavor. Too much heat and you can't taste anything. The sweet spot is to eat something just hot enough to get your adrenaline going, enhancing the experience of the food you're eating.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I really love the habanero sauce from Tijuana Flats. In general habanero strikes the best balance for me between heat and flavor. Too much heat and you can't taste anything. The sweet spot is to eat something just hot enough to get your adrenaline going, enhancing the experience of the food you're eating.

Habaneros are without a doubt my favorite pepper. I have at least 2 plants in my garden every year. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, these aren’t Hot Sauces but they are worthy of mentioning. Especially since probably none of you have heard of them before.
The first is quite popular in Europe and Asia. (It was created in Austria) I’m starting to find it locally, but it’s available on Amazon. It’s used similarly to Soy Sauce but is fermented wheat instead of soy. Be careful in use as it’s stronger than soy but very tasty and different! Maggi Sauce 

image.thumb.jpeg.f64dbe604225edfcfff62db6ad4d1bc5.jpeg

• Like 1

Second departure Tkemali. I first experienced in a Georgian restaurant (country not state) it was awesome on the beef I was served. Supposedly the main ingredient only grows in Georgia. They use it in middle Asia like we do ketchup! There is a yellow spicier version. Also various brands available on Amazon.

image.thumb.jpeg.a9d99bdbbdc6e862945f8e0aa5d981be.jpeg

• Like 1