Hey Hoosier Sports Nation ! What's your favorite hot sauce ?

milehiiu

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

I haven't yet but will some time. May have to try that chili kit and see how my chili compares. 

I made one batch but wasn’t actually measuring the ingredients, I think I got too much of the smoked Chili powder in it. The kit also makes pimento cheese and beer cheese spreads.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I made one batch but wasn’t actually measuring the ingredients, I think I got too much of the smoked Chili powder in it. The kit also makes pimento cheese and beer cheese spreads.

Pimento cheese is my favorite food group. It's not just a southern thing  although they would disagree. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Pimento cheese is my favorite food group. It's not just a southern thing  although they would disagree. 

Yea I liked pimento cheese before hand but living 20 years in Georgia (the State) gave me a whole new appreciation! Pimento cheese on burgers is a regular thing down there.

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Yea I liked pimento cheese before hand but living 20 years in Georgia (the State) gave me a whole new appreciation! Pimento cheese on burgers is a regular thing down there.

Crap, now you have me thinking about pimento cheese. I may have to make up a batch using Maggi sauce! I have all the ingredients!

Edited by Drroogh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 1:41 PM, Drroogh said:

Second departure Tkemali. I first experienced in a Georgian restaurant (country not state) it was awesome on the beef I was served. Supposedly the main ingredient only grows in Georgia. They use it in middle Asia like we do ketchup! There is a yellow spicier version. Also various brands available on Amazon.

image.thumb.jpeg.a9d99bdbbdc6e862945f8e0aa5d981be.jpeg

I have to start by saying the above isn’t the sauce I was looking for, I’ll keep trying!

However having tried another, may I suggest this as a tasty alternative to the standard Buffalo sauce.C39382F0-817D-4EF1-B127-B4A93C84B1EA.thumb.jpeg.98315467f72449995eb61051387ba17e.jpeg

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/31/2023 at 10:17 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

My grand son in-law has an entire shelf of his refrigerator devoted to hot sauces. Not sure which is his favorite 

I guess it's kind of like wine. Different ones pair with different food. A sauce can make one food taste even better and another disgusting.

I need to organize my shelf. It's gotten a little out of hand. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Thought about putting this in the best of each state food list, but since it’s National Hot Sauce Day here it is! Instacarts blog about Hot sauce purchases

I just saw that. I'm really surprised by Frank's. As a stand alone hot sauce I find it too salty and vinegary. 

My staples I'm never without are Louisiana hot sauce and Tapatio.  I also try to keep around a Datil pepper sauce but it's more of a niche thing I can only find online. 

• Like 2

It's Instacart, so the bigger brands are going to win out, regardless of quality. I do think Frank's is solid as a baseline. I'm usually pairing it with other flavors like in a Buffalo chicken dip, but I like it better than Frank's buffalo.

I'd like to find a good Nashville sauce. Saw a new one from Ray's this weekend at the grocery and picked it up. It's close, but a little too sweet? Still working on new applications for it.

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

I’ve grown kinda partial to gochujang spicy miso sauce.  
image.thumb.png.91dbaa0025730c3ace5dffd0015dca41.png

I’ve only seen it in Meijer’s. Not really that spicy but a great flavor profile in my opinion😋

Your pic reminded me of The Rice Bar in DC...It's like a Korean Chipotle where you get your stuff in there as you walk down the line...

Partial to black rice, with mushrooms, edamame, carrots, and peanuts, with bulgogi and kimchi, and topped with the Gochujang sauce...

Heaven...

There's one in the same building we hold our meetings, and I go there for lunch every day (I do change it up every day a little...A LITTLE :) )...Going in May, so they might wanted to start adding crew now :) 

• Haha 1