9/11 MAY WE NEVER FORGET

Billingsley99

11 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I talked about that in my classes today.  As a country, we were all pretty much like, "nobody comes on our soil and messes with us."  The whole country was united under the same feelings of anger and pride, and it was something to see.

Very true. We are so far from that right now. 

Was at my desk getting ready for a flight, when my vendor called and asked me what I was going to do? Being clueless at the moment I’m like what do you mean? He said you need to turn on a TV! There was only one tv in the plant that received regular tv, needless to say I was not the first one there watching the second tower hit! Horrible!! And as 5fouls stated watching the the towers collapse was, I have no words!

Still, life goes on. Was on a flight the first day FAA allowed planes in the air. On a plane that seats a couple hundred I was one of about half dozen paying passengers, the rest were flight crews trying to get home! Surreal!

One year later I’m back visiting the same vendor in Minneapolis, my CAD designer is with me and we decide, in spite of the warnings that it may be a prime target for terrorists, we went to the Mall of America. Surreal!

Sorry for being verbose, but two years after the company brings in a speaker to talk about how to retain your best workers. He talks about a group that made it out of the Tower’s before the collapse! Asked the manager why in spite of directives to stay in place, he chose to lead his team out? He said after his divorce “when in doubt get out “

Knowing that he would not go very far with that, he asked the team that followed him, why. That is another story!

Archived