Maui --> Asheville

52 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I want fans to be able to attend because I think we need to start getting back to doing that kind of thing, but I digress.  Anyway, the only thing I don't like about fans attending in NC is the possibility of the TarHeels getting more of a home court advantage than other teams.  

Fat chance you'll see fans at games in NC.  Indoor gatherings are now at just 25 people there.  Parents and family will be lucky to attend.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

30 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

I did read that this will be a bubble.  Fans are doubtful.   The arena only holds 7,200 so even if some fans are allowed a ticket will be hard to come by.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Correct. All teams, coaches, staff, and ESPN personnel will be in a bubble.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29914626/louisville-hoops-planning-non-conference-bubble

Looks like some teams are looking at a non conference bubble.  UL bring in teams that are close enough for them to bus in.  Also some west coast conferences looking to have a a buble for non conference.  So reading some of this especially UL we might not be looking at a ACC/Big ten challenge.

My drive home from work is way too long. Here is my scheme I came up with if the B1G/ACC challenge and Gavit Games are off. The article about UL maybe doing a bubble got me thinking.  I know there are probably millions of reasons why it wouldn’t work in reality, but like I said the drive home is long. 

11/25 - Season opener pre Maui/Asheville tune up at home vs IUPUI. They could bus down that day plus being in the same university system, the testing might work. 

11/30-12/2 Maui/Asheville 

Sometime in December - do a four team bubble in B’town or Indy with IU, Butler, and a couple of other local schools. Each team plays each other once.  Heck, invite ND for all I care. 

That gives us our seven games. SOS doesn’t take a huge hit of we have Butler in a bubble with us and ND if they were there.  If Butler and/or ND don’t want in, we will have to make due with other local schools. SOS wouldn’t be as good, but we would make up for it in the B1G. Plus who knows how anyone else’s would look too. 

14 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

My drive home from work is way too long. Here is my scheme I came up with if the B1G/ACC challenge and Gavit Games are off. The article about UL maybe doing a bubble got me thinking.  I know there are probably millions of reasons why it wouldn’t work in reality, but like I said the drive home is long. 

11/25 - Season opener pre Maui/Asheville tune up at home vs IUPUI. They could bus down that day plus being in the same university system, the testing might work. 

11/30-12/2 Maui/Asheville 

Sometime in December - do a four team bubble in B’town or Indy with IU, Butler, and a couple of other local schools. Each team plays each other once.  Heck, invite ND for all I care. 

That gives us our seven games. SOS doesn’t take a huge hit of we have Butler in a bubble with us and ND if they were there.  If Butler and/or ND don’t want in, we will have to make due with other local schools. SOS wouldn’t be as good, but we would make up for it in the B1G. Plus who knows how anyone else’s would look too. 

I don't know if you saw my previous post about this topic and my solution but for non conference I would just have it against state schools.  There are 10 D1 schools in Indiana and I would put 5 in the south in Bloomington and 5 in the north in Lafayette.  Play each team in your region once so that would be 4 games.

North

Purdue

Notre Dame

Fort Wayne

Valpo

Ball St.

South

IU

ISU

Evansville

IUPUI

Butler

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't know if you saw my previous post about this topic and my solution but for non conference I would just have it against state schools.  There are 10 D1 schools in Indiana and I would put 5 in the south in Bloomington and 5 in the north in Lafayette.  Play each team in your region once so that would be 4 games.

North

Purdue

Notre Dame

Fort Wayne

Valpo

Ball St.

South

IU

ISU

Evansville

IUPUI

Butler

I didn’t. We were somewhat on the same track of thinking. 

Saw where Indianapolis is proposing a bubble to be played in the convention center and maybe other facilities.  They said they could put ,6 courts in the convention center.  The thing is that it sounds like each team would have to pay to be in the bubble.  They have talked to power 6 conferences ad well as mid majors ad well.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Not expecting a cakewalk, but that is a winnable first game.  Texas would be a decent potential second round match up.  

Are you hearing anything else schedule wise even if it's just a timeframe for when we might know what the schedule is?

2 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Not expecting a cakewalk, but that is a winnable first game.  Texas would be a decent potential second round match up.  

Are you hearing anything else schedule wise even if it's just a timeframe for when we might know what the schedule is?

I expect it to keep dribbling out over the next couple weeks.  Big Ten / ACC, and Big Ten schedule, Crossroads, plus a couple nonconference games.  Not sure about Gavitt.

Archived