KFC, Churches, or Popeyes ?

milehiiu

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Trailer Park, Hillbilly style... It was awesome as always...

They have one right now called "The Scallywag."

COCONUT AND CAPTAIN CRUNCH COATED SHRIMP, BACON, GREEN CHILES, JACK CHEESE, PICKLED ONIONS, PEACH HABANERO JAM, AND CILANTRO GARNISH 

Man that sounds darn good. I found a dive joint just north of the Speedway a few weeks ago. Real Pupusas. These folks were straight from El Salvador. My problem with Mexican or any Latin influenced foods is I don;t when to say when. I keep plowing it down.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Man that sounds darn good. I found a dive joint just north of the Speedway a few weeks ago. Real Pupusas. These folks were straight from El Salvador. My problem with Mexican or any Latin influenced foods is I don;t when to say when. I keep plowing it down.

Pupusa food trucks are popular around here... Ate at one in New Caney and it was excellent...

There's supposedly a brick and mortar restaurant in Cleveland, but we haven't been there yet... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Pupusa food trucks are popular around here... Ate at one in New Caney and it was excellent...

There's supposedly a brick and mortar restaurant in Cleveland, but we haven't been there yet... 

Just texted my buddy. He's got a piece of the one's in Sugar Land, Katy, and Conroe. Only ones that were available. He said those are more strip mall type joints....more take out vs sit down. Less rent on space type places. 

• Like 1

Just texted my buddy. He's got a piece of the one's in Sugar Land, Katy, and Conroe. Only ones that were available. He said those are more strip mall type joints....more take out vs sit down. Less rent on space type places. 

We were at the one in Kingwood... Closest one to us...

Any of you folks look living in Indiana get up near Fishers, give Torchy's Tacos a try... Awesome tacos... 

Just saw there's one in Jeffersonville, Indiana too

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Looks like Bloomington is getting another chicken place. 

Dave's Hot Chicken opens March 3rd on Kirkwood. 

Guess I'll have to try it. 

They just opened a Dave's Hot Chicken about 5 miles up the road from us in New Caney...

Haven't tried it yet, but judging from the traffic, it must be pretty good... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Top Notch burgers in Austin has some really good fried chicken along with some tasty burgers.  You might of seen Top Notch on the movie Dazed and Confused.   All Righht all right all right

That is one of my favorite movies. Top Notch is close to work so i can go there for a burger at lunch.

AF1QipNxgfZ7eZrLxeeTulwxOxY6YksqhdwWKNyU

• Like 1

I think I've mentioned on here before but just in case. Maybe a few others that might be better but we had https://chickenbasket.com/about/ this weekend. 

If up in Chicagoland or SW Burbs Dell Rhea's is worth it. We were downtown but friend of mine's wife surprised us with a ton of food for our place Friday/Saturday. Their fried chicken is as good as it gets and the Route 66 History is really cool too. 

• Like 2

On 3/12/2023 at 4:06 PM, Seeking6 said:

I think I've mentioned on here before but just in case. Maybe a few others that might be better but we had https://chickenbasket.com/about/ this weekend. 

If up in Chicagoland or SW Burbs Dell Rhea's is worth it. We were downtown but friend of mine's wife surprised us with a ton of food for our place Friday/Saturday. Their fried chicken is as good as it gets and the Route 66 History is really cool too. 

Thats a good friend to have !

White Fence Farm and Dell Rheas are both 15-20 minutes away from me but I rarely go there. I do pass by often.  I'll try and remember to stop in one of these days....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Thats a good friend to have !

White Fence Farm and Dell Rheas are both 15-20 minutes away from me but I rarely go there. I do pass by often.  I'll try and remember to stop in one of these days....

Every summer we spend a couple of days at Cog Hill and play golf with some buddies. All meals eaten there haha..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Supposedly Guy Fieri’s Chicken Guy restaurant is coming to Michigan. Anyone ever ate at one?

I'm not sure if the same or different but he had a place in Indy. Flavortown Kitchen....but it's since been closed permanently. Ate there. Wasn't all that impressed honestly....but in this day and age in the food industry you can have the greatest recipes or products but if the execution by the staff sucks it won't matter. Little pricey too. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

So every once in awhile we'll watch old series. Finishing up Mad Men again. They just had episode of them landing Burger Chef account. ( https://time.com/104799/burger-chef-mad-men-history/ 

My food related question is this. Why did Burger Chef fail so quickly? My Grandfather was one of original workers there but honestly I never knew what happened so just curious for those that either know or ate there during 70's before being sold to Hardee's.

So every once in awhile we'll watch old series. Finishing up Mad Men again. They just had episode of them landing Burger Chef account. ( https://time.com/104799/burger-chef-mad-men-history/ 

My food related question is this. Why did Burger Chef fail so quickly? My Grandfather was one of original workers there but honestly I never knew what happened so just curious for those that either know or ate there during 70's before being sold to Hardee's.

Good article on "why."

I know at least regionally the Indy Burger Chef murders didn't help any... 

• Thanks 1