KFC, Churches, or Popeyes ?

milehiiu

Changing course a little bit.  Who, here likes chicken wings.  And how do you like them ? Bone in. Or bone out ?  I prefer bone in.

I like Wing Street... as they have many ways to prepare, and sauces.

WingStreet 

A national chain :

Chicken Wings from the Wing Experts - Wings Restaurant | Wingstop

And a local place close to me with the very best wings :

Hot Wings, Cool Place. - Wingin' It!

32 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I have wings 1-2 times a week.  Make them at home with the oven on convection.  And make my own sauces and dry rubs. 

Made up a maple habanero sauce last week that will be in the rotation now. 

And bone in, always.  

I do chicken wings at home as well.  Maybe not as often as you.

Here's one method that I fell in love with years back :

Food Wishes Video Recipes: Crispy Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings – Ladies and Gentlemen, We Have a Winner

And more from Chef John :

Food Wishes Video Recipes:For chicken wings

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I do chicken wings at home as well.  Maybe not as often as you.

Here's one method that I fell in love with years back :

Food Wishes Video Recipes: Crispy Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings – Ladies and Gentlemen, We Have a Winner

And more from Chef John :

Food Wishes Video Recipes:For chicken wings

It's a quick and easy dinner on work nights.  Dont have to plan or think much about it.  Put them in the oven watch tv for awhile, make a salad and done. 

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

It's a quick and easy dinner on work nights.  Dont have to plan or think much about it.  Put them in the oven watch tv for awhile, make a salad and done. 

What's a work night ? I have all day to prepare dinner. LOL

But you are correct.  Wings in the oven are easy.   Have done them on a charcoal grill as well.  Apple wood or hickory.....  Dang.... now you've gotten my mouth watering.

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I have wings 1-2 times a week.  Make them at home with the oven on convection.  And make my own sauces and dry rubs. 

Made up a maple habanero sauce last week that will be in the rotation now. 

And bone in, always.  

I'm trying them in the air fryer tonight using this recipe...

I'm brining the (bone in of course) wings right now.

Picked up a beer called Convict Hill Oatmeal Stout to go with them...

Should be a good night 😊

• Like 2

On 9/19/2020 at 6:38 PM, IUFLA said:

A shout out for a couple of Chicago area places...

Brown's and Harold's chicken joints (both franchises) are both pretty good...AND they both have Chicken Livers (which I love...only thing better than chicken livers is beef liver) and Gizzards (which I don't care for)...

Houston's local place is called Frenchy's...The chicken was tough and tasteless...

Browns was my favorite for many years when there was a location close by. Had a great chicken parmesan sandwich. Sadly, I think that franchise is dying. 

I stop at both KFC (original chicken) and Chick-fil-a (for their sandwich) at least monthly.

Raising Canes chicken fingers are pretty good. I like how they are always served hot. Haven't been there in over a year. 

https://www.whitefencefarm-il.com/menucard1.php#&panel1-1 is a legendary Chicagoland chicken place. Was there as a kid and a couple years ago for my fathers birthday.

Edited by Reacher

21 minutes ago, Reacher said:

https://www.whitefencefarm-il.com/menucard1.php#&panel1-1 is a legendary Chicagoland chicken place. Was there as a kid and a couple years ago for my fathers birthday.

We had a White Fence Farm in Lakewood, Colorado.  Perhaps the best chicken of all.

Sadly it closed a couple of years back. To build apartment buildings.

White Fence Farm, Lakewood 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Family style??  Passing food around with strangers??  Ahhh...no thanks.

Family tables.  No strangers.  Unlimited Hush Puppies.... and the best cole slaw. As well as the chicken. 

There is also a place in Castle Rock,  Colorado that serves pan fried chicken.  Pretty good as well  The neat thing about the Castle Cafe is that back in the late 1800's it was strictly a bar, and legend has it on Saturday nights cowboys would ride their horses into the building a saddle up to the bar for drinks.  

Castle Cafe