Report. Damon Bailey's dad died in a motorcycle accident.

milehiiu

That's a beautiful road for motorcycling...been on it several times as we love the area and have some ground near Belmont we hope to put a weekend cabin on some day. 

Sounds like Mr. Bailey was minding his own business and likely tried to take evasive action when he saw the car pull out to pass.  What a tragedy...am lifting up the family.

I don't want to take away from the news so mods please delete if necessary. I'll never forget at age 18 all I wanted to do as a kid from Illinois was to go to IU. Generations of IU blood in my family

. My first H105 discussion class on Friday at Ballantine I'm sitting there and guy is calling attendance. Guy goes...Bailey, Damon. I'm sitting there going oh Lord he's sitting next to me. Funny part was he had a UK hat on the time... when those rumors started to swirl. Followed him across campus because I couldn't believe I was seeing Damon in person.

The stories, folklore,etc....and obviously the performance on the court. Prayers up to his family. Imagine his parents are only in early 70's. Still young. Hate to see people lose their lives to accidents.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't want to take away from the news so mods please delete if necessary. I'll never forget at age 18 all I wanted to do as a kid from Illinois was to go to IU. Generations of IU blood in my family

. My first H105 discussion class on Friday at Ballantine I'm sitting there and guy is calling attendance. Guy goes...Bailey, Damon. I'm sitting there going oh Lord he's sitting next to me. Funny part was he had a UK hat on the time... when those rumors started to swirl. Followed him across campus because I couldn't believe I was seeing Damon in person.

The stories, folklore,etc....and obviously the performance on the court. Prayers up to his family. Imagine his parents are only in early 70's. Still young. Hate to see people lose their lives to accidents.

I see no reason to have to delete this post.  Great story and thanks for sharing. After all... how many people sat in class next to an IU legend ?

46 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I see no reason to have to delete this post.  Great story and thanks for sharing. After all... how many people sat in class next to an IU legend ?

Certainly not me...I tried to sit next to the cutest girl in the class...

On a serious note my deepest condolences...lost my father a few years back. Can’t imagine the hole it leaves in your life. Miss him every day. Prayers for the Bailey family!

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Certainly not me...I tried to sit next to the cutest girl in the class...

On a serious note my deepest condolences...lost my father a few years back. Can’t imagine the hole it leaves in your life. Miss him every day. Prayers for the Bailey family!

Law class for me.  The best looking coed, sought out a seat next to me for every class.

Condolences to you on your loss. 

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Law class for me.  The best looking coed, sought out a seat next to me for every class.

Condolences to you on your loss. 

Thank you! Doesn’t matter how old you are or how it happens...just something special about a son and dad...especially as close as I’m sure they were. I don’t know how these young kids without a male figure in their life do it honestly. I always thought id probably die young like my dad too but with a kid I couldn’t bear to miss anything in her life...nor disappoint her...so trying to be much healthier and make sound decisions...but like we see here..we never know how long we have on this earth. Make the most of it and leave try to make a difference.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Doesn’t matter how old you are or how it happens...just something special about a son and dad...especially as close as I’m sure they were. I don’t know how these young kids without a male figure in their life do it honestly. I always thought id probably die young like my dad too but with a kid I couldn’t bear to miss anything in her life...nor disappoint her...so trying to be much healthier and make sound decisions...but like we see here..we never know how long we have on this earth. Make the most of it and leave try to make a difference.

Treasure every day.

How tragic and sad.  Thoughts and prayers to Damon, the family and their friends.  

When I lived in Columbus my wife and I would drive that same highway daily going to work in Btown.  It's a beautiful route especially in the Fall. Very dangerous though as it winds through the hills of Brown County.    There are like two passing zones the whole way.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived