Archie Getting Back to his Dayton Style?

Dayton won at least 24 games and made the NCAA Tournament 4 years in a row. Each year they played lineups that included at least 4 perimeter threats.

Is this the year that Archie Miller can finally play his preferred style at #iubb?

• The Daily Hoosier changed the title to Archie Getting Back to his Dayton Style?

He can play 5 guards if he wants, if they don't learn to shoot the ball, it won't matter.  And the B1G is different that a mid-major conference.  It doesn't really matter much what he did at Dayton in my opinion.  Its how he adjusts to what he needs to do at Indiana in the B1G.  So far he hasn't shown much in the form of game play and player development.  The next 2 years are going to be telling.  It looks and feels like we have the talent to make a big push to the upper tier of our conference and should be make some noise come tournament time.  If we don't do much the next 2 years, i just don't know what to say.  He is intelligent, passionate, and a great recruiter.  But maybe the B1G isn't the right fit for his coaching style.

And i am by no mean bashing coach.  I am as exciting for this season as i have been in a while.  And if he can get some growth out of a few players, we should be able to make some real noise on the national stage.  But I have been here before and it makes me anxious to be optimistic these days.

IMO I think Archie was "stuck" (probably the wrong word to use) with 2-4 players that essentially refused to play his style of ball. And Archie did not hold them accountable, or bench them. Archie figured out a way to win with this handicap, at least enough so that we would have made the tournament. Most, if not all of them are gone.

Now...he has the players he wants. No excuses, no "let's wait and see". He has to win this year. If we don't finish in the top 5 (top 1/3) of the conf, I'll be VERY disappointed.

He's got very talented players, and plenty of them. But they don't know the game nearly as well as CAM. If he doesn't hold them accountable and use the bench as a motivator, to play the game he wants played, then .... ???

Archived