The state of the NBA (and other major professional sports)

FKIM01

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Not directing this at you, but it's interesting we have fans clamoring for rule changes in baseball for the fans enjoyment, but often time in other sports when that happens people complain. 

For instance, I think Scott would get rid of the shot clock and three point line. 

Nope I would keep both things.  I just think the clock at 45 sec onds is the best.  Also I love the 3 point line but I just think they rely on it to much today because the analytics says it is the best thing to do.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Nope I would keep both things.  I just think the clock at 45 sec onds is the best.  Also I love the 3 point line but I just think they rely on it to much today because the analytics says it is the best thing to do.

Or it could be players are better shooters now.  In the past you might see a couple of 3 point shooters per team.  Now every position is shooting them. I was a big fan of the 3 but at least at the pro level they should maybe remove it or reverse such that a 3 pointer occurs when you make a basket in the teeth of the defense or the paint.

26 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Or it could be players are better shooters now.  In the past you might see a couple of 3 point shooters per team.  Now every position is shooting them. I was a big fan of the 3 but at least at the pro level they should maybe remove it or reverse such that a 3 pointer occurs when you make a basket in the teeth of the defense or the paint.

From my view point there are less great shooters in college basketball today than there were back then.  The problem is with this philosophy of everyone shooting 3's means there are players shoooting them who shouldn't be shooting the 3.

Archived