Blue Ribbon picks us to finish 8th in the B1G....

On 10/14/2020 at 4:54 AM, NCHoosier32 said:

hate that i'm always the negative guy, BUT... i think this is at least the 3rd year in a row that all of the experts pick us low in the B1G, most people on here think we'll finish much higher, and we end up about where they say.  

You do come across as pessimistic at times, but hard to argue against your point here.   

Hoping we start reversing the trend!

34 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

You do come across as pessimistic at times, but hard to argue against your point here.   

Hoping we start reversing the trend!

I have to agree.  Echoing some others, incremental progress was OK for the first couple of seasons, but it's beyond time for CAM to start achieving something well above mediocrity.  The pieces seem to be in place and there's reason for optimism, but he's being paid big bucks for big results.

22 minutes ago, rico said:

The B1G regular season title no longer matter.  1st, there is an unbalanced schedule.  Secondly, the BTT champ gets the automatic bid.  Hopefully, this year, we do good enough in both to get a 1-4 seed in the NCAAT.

Realistically we're most likely not in the 1-3 seed range.  Could happen but lets be honest.  We're shooting for that 4-7 range. 

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I am still not sure he can coach at the big time level.  Yes we made the tourney but there are still alot of red flags on how he coachs.  Can he adjust at half, he hasn't so far, we always start the same 5 regardless of how they are doing.  Our defense never changes to adjust to the team we're playing, its Pack line and that it.  His subbing is wild and weird and doesn't always seem to make sense. 

I like him.  I want him to be successful.  he can recruit well as seen by the last couple years.  I am just waiting for it all to come together.  Can he be the leader of men and take them to the next level, or is he always going to be a coach who is only as soon as the greatness of this specific team.

Go IU

I see it a bit differently (obviously). Adjusting included games where Race came in in place of Brunk to start the second half, and the gradual move over the season to increase Race's minutes and reduce Brunk's minutes correspondingly, the gradual increase in Hunter's minutes, the move of Green to the bench, etc. I don't really get the questioning of subbing. Seems like no matter the coach, someone is always complaining about subbing. Our D was top 25 or so in the country. We finished strong and were clearly in the tourney. 

12 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I see it a bit differently (obviously). Adjusting included games where Race came in in place of Brunk to start the second half, and the gradual move over the season to increase Race's minutes and reduce Brunk's minutes correspondingly, the gradual increase in Hunter's minutes, the move of Green to the bench, etc. I don't really get the questioning of subbing. Seems like no matter the coach, someone is always complaining about subbing. Our D was top 25 or so in the country. We finished strong and were clearly in the tourney. 

Yes but he continues to start Brunk, even when he was playing like crap.  And then would start him again in the second half.  And in all honestly, i am not the only one who has questioned his subbing.

as i said, i am not sold.  This year will be telling.  All the tools seem to be there.  Can we make the jump to an elite type of team.  Can he get the best of them.  I hope so.  I really do want IU to be great.  I don't want to be a fringe tourney team every single year.  That is not success to me.  We're not Purdue or Arkansas.  We're IU and Success is competing for Conference Titles and Final Fours.  Lets get back to that.

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Yes but he continues to start Brunk, even when he was playing like crap.  And then would start him again in the second half.  And in all honestly, i am not the only one who has questioned his subbing.

as i said, i am not sold.  This year will be telling.  All the tools seem to be there.  Can we make the jump to an elite type of team.  Can he get the best of them.  I hope so.  I really do want IU to be great.  I don't want to be a fringe tourney team every single year.  That is not success to me.  We're not Purdue or Arkansas.  We're IU and Success is competing for Conference Titles and Final Fours.  Lets get back to that.

I complain about coaches in general about how they sub and not just Archie because all coaches seem to do this today.  It all comes down to coaches are affraid that they will make players unhappy and they will transfer.  To me you should not play over 8 players in your rotation and defintely not 10+ players.  Also i think people look at who is starting as a big thing but to me it is who is playing in crunch time.  Maybe the reason Brunk started  is that Archie thinks he will bring energy early in the game and that could lead to a good start.  If I remember right what upset me was that we usually got off to a good start then he would sub after the first time out.  So that meant that with brunk in the lineup they usually did got off to a good start.

Archived