Clue and other games!

Drroogh

So my family are board gamers and Clue is one we especially like to play as a family! Talking with my daughter just now she said my youngest grandson all of 7 has won the last 4 games!

We also like to puzzle as a family!

Do you play board games or puzzles and do you have any traditions like we do?

Definitely looking forward to a family Clue game over Christmas!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Love board games.  Some of our favorites

• Ticket to Ride
  • Clue
  • Sorry
  • Life
  • Apples to Apples (Technically not a board game)
  • Scattegories

Edit:   I personally love Scrabble, but no one in my family likes to play it with me.

You probably do crosswords, I'm guessing.  My wife loves crosswords and always beats me at Scrabble.  😊

12 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Euchre, it’s been more than thirty years since I had a chance to play euchre!! Not sure I even know how to play the game anymore?! Needless to say nobody in Georgia has a clue as to what Euchre is!

Love playing euchre. My Mom and I use to go to a church in Martinsville that had a tournament every Thursday (the preacher said we couldn't let the Catholics have all the fun) and we cleaned up. Both risk takers. Our rule of thumb was "if I think I have 2 tricks, I'm goin."

I also played a variant called " Dad" when I worked in Indy. Always a game going at lunch.

Board games? Love Chess...

Jigsaw puzzles are our big weakness, since there are only two of us. I started bringing in jigsaw puzzles to my office a few years ago and it was a great way for our team to hang out together and work through stuff informally. Also if they saw me or our director there at the puzzle table, it made us easily approachable for stuff. This was open of the best team-building things we’ve done in ages. 

Oh, and i play a damn fine game of backgammon. Use to go to the Microsoft site and play people from all over the world. The dudes from the middle east were always tough. Knew the game and the percentages...I can tell within about 5 moves if you're a player or a BSer...

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Go to games

Scrabble,Risk,Yatzee

Card games - phase 10 and uno. 

Risk,

remember in a mature game with capable players, my friend in college being down to only having 3 of the Australia regions after an attempted take out! He wanted to go party so I took over for him! Nobody hardly believed it when I ended up with the win!

My wifes grandma was a scrabble master. Wanted to beat her so much that I started reading the dictionary in my free time to get an upper hand.

But was advised that nobody beats grandma if you want Thankgiving dinner. So I resigned myself to second place,or 3rd or wherever I finished but grandma always won. 

Oh, and cribbage! 

You wouldn't believe the education I got on games like chess, backgammon and cribbage working ATC swings (3 pm to 11 pm...but the games didn't start til traffic died down around 😎 8 and midshifts (11 pm to 7 am). You had to get good in a hurry, because the NCOs all played for money, and they were all pretty good.

Monopoly.  Neices and nephews always want to play me.  They rarely can beat me.  However they no deploy all my strategies so as they have gotten older it has become more difficult.  Making wise deals are key now that they always buy every property.  

Quite a few firehouses play marbles all the time.  One has a crown for the Monopoly king.  I got to wear it once as a sub.  We literally played marbles and Monopoly for 12 hours in between runs.  

Used to play cribbage with my parents. As a teenager, not many opportunities to connect with them, but we played cribbage religiously.

Mille Bourne was another game we played.

Played a lot of backgammon with friends. Played Rook as a kid.

Puzzles are a mainstay with my wife now.

Scruples a great game. 

Hungry Hippo, Ned’s Head and Uno with the grandkids 

Archived