Hard and Difficult News, CC, Eric, Our Friend

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

With a great sense of humor. I never met him but I miss his presence on this board. Praying for his family and friends. 

Great sense of humor is correct. I have told this story before. But Eiric's first post on John Decker's Hoosier Nation got Eric banned by The Fourth Estate.  TFE did not get the humor. But I did.  And got a hold of Mr. Decker to lift the ban..... which he did.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Great sense of humor is correct. I have told this story before. But Eiric's first post on John Decker's Hoosier Nation got Eric banned by The Fourth Estate.  TFE did not get the humor. But I did.  And got a hold of Mr. Decker to lift the ban..... which he did.

The Fourth Estate, a real blast from the past. lol

20 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

The Fourth Estate, a real blast from the past. lol

History. TFE was a friend of Decker's from Iowa.  Decker left Hoosier Nation in the middle of the night.  With no explanation.  Went to Iowa to get a job in Iowa.  That left myself and Jaybob Hoosier to run the board. Then.... TFE came back... and was horrible.  Which caused Eric (Colonial Crestor) to start HSN 1.0.

Oh, the memories. 

By the way.... John Decker returned to Btown. And is now part of the athletic staff. Decker  has always been kind to me. And I can't say anything bad about him.  TFE... on the other hand was a different story

John Decker - Director of Strategic Communications - Staff Directory - Indiana University Athletics

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

History. TFE was a friend of Decker's from Iowa.  Decker left Hoosier Nation in the middle of the night.  With no explanation.  Went to Iowa to get a job in Iowa.  That left myself and Jaybob Hoosier to run the board. Then.... TFE came back... and was horrible.  Which caused Eric (Colonial Crestor) to start HSN 1.0.

Oh, the memories. 

By the way.... John Decker returned to Btown. And is now part of the athletic staff. Decker  has always been kind to me. And I can't say anything bad about him.  TFE... on the other hand was a different story

John Decker - Director of Strategic Communications - Staff Directory - Indiana University Athletics

I remember when all that went down. It would be interesting to hear Mr. Decker explain exactly what happened and why he bailed. 

5 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I remember when all that went down. It would be interesting to hear Mr. Decker explain exactly what happened and why he bailed. 

Though John did not give an explanation.  Even to this day.  I do know this.... 247 was unhappy with him not building a pay per view site... like Mike Peagram.... who eventually took over the site.... after leaving Rivals.  Now... unlike when John Decker ran that site.... there is hardly any free stuff.  Peegs is almost 100% pay per view.... unlike here at Hoosier Sports Nation...... where Colonial Crestor's legacy continues to live on.  Know this.... there is a cost to keeping HSN running. Thanks to those that keep it running for free to the members

8 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Though John did not give an explanation.  Even to this day.  I do know this.... 247 was unhappy with him not building a pay per view site... like Mike Peagram.... who eventually took over the site.... after leaving Rivals.  Now... unlike when John Decker ran that site.... there is hardly any free stuff.  Peegs is almost 100% pay per view.... unlike here at Hoosier Sports Nation...... where Colonial Crestor's legacy continues to live on.  Know this.... there is a cost to keeping HSN running. Thanks to those that keep it running for free to the members

I've said it before, but I'll repeat it here...I'd have zero problem with the owners monetizing this forum by using advertising like TDH does.  People still have free access there, Mike makes some money running it and a few ads here and there do not bother me in the slightest.

17 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I've said it before, but I'll repeat it here...I'd have zero problem with the owners monetizing this forum by using advertising like TDH does.  People still have free access there, Mike makes some money running it and a few ads here and there do not bother me in the slightest.

In honor of CC, all ads would have to be for Indonesian Hookers.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Mike is a good guy.  However... I don't want ads making my ability to get on any IU site first.  Times... I get on an IU site.... and it is all I can do to get to the site itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived