Penix

btownqb

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Yes. Same one. As others have said...at least wasn't his achilles. Should be good to go by September. If there is any good news out of this it's that. 

I find the good in everything. It wasn't the "worst" injury... absolutely could be good to go week 1 next year. Tuttle wasn't playing behind some scrub QB... there is a solid chance Tuttle comes in and does a very good job for us. 

Now do I expect him to throw for 350 and 3TDs vs UW no... but it wouldn't shock me if he has a nice game. Go pick your team up, Jack, they need you. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I find the good in everything. It wasn't the "worst" injury... absolutely could be good to go week 1 next year. Tuttle wasn't playing behind some scrub QB... there is a solid chance Tuttle comes in and does a very good job for us. 

Now do I expect him to throw for 350 and 3TDs vs UW no... but it wouldn't shock me if he has a nice game. Go pick your team up, Jack, they need you. 

Got a week to practice... with the first team.  Another positive !

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

I predict after a few games people will ask if Tuttle is better than Penix.  Talent wise he’s there, maybe more talent than Penix.  Leadership is where the team will miss Penix the most in my opinion.

I'm going with recognizing blitzes. Big time difficult with lack of game experience. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

😁....This is a great opportunity!  I think the magical season continues with a renewed running game and just enough passing to keep us moving forward.

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm going with recognizing blitzes. Big time difficult with lack of game experience. 

Btownqb, not to sound stupid, but don't we worry a little bit more for Tuttle when it comes to getting hit?  Isn't that a concern since he's seen so little game action?  Never played football, so if there's an obvious answer go easy on me.    LOL   😂

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

Btownqb, not to sound stupid, but don't we worry a little bit more for Tuttle when it comes to getting hit?  Isn't that a concern since he's seen so little game action?

Getting hit? As in not being used to it? Just want to make sure we're on the same page

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

Yes

No.. no worry there. The only worry would be not recognizing blitzes/OL not doing their job and him getting hurt that way. As far as taking hits, assuming he's tough enough, I don't think that will be an issue at all. The idea would be for him to not take those hits in the first place, though. 

I did like how confident he seemed on Saturday though. Again... @UW for his first start is way different than a 3TD lead at home vs Maryland. 

8 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

That Twitter doctor (is it Chou?) nailed it again.  Lot of people thought ankle or Achilles and he had ACL all the way.  

When he punched the ground in frustration I think we all knew the reality of this.  

Best wishes, especially psychologically, to Michael.  Very tough to go through this again.  

Lots of things suck about Twitter and social media but, holy cow, having a NFL team doctor's knowledge shared on demand for all to see is a special kind of incredible.

5 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Yes...both concerns for him physically, but also fumbles.

Fumbles would come from holding onto the ball too long and getting strip sacked. Penix's best quality is the timing of his throws... dude flat out gets rid of the ball and usually on the money. If Jack can be any resemblance of that, we'll be fine. 

Tragic to hear MP has another ACL. Seems he can't catch a break! Never know why some young men just are snake bit during their careers.  

However, Tuttle impressed me when he came in.  Seems to have all the physical tools.  What impressed me most was how comfortable he seemed to be while running the offense.  Credit that to CTA and the coaching staff.  

I think he is going to impress us over the next few weeks and show he has the ability to continue the season similar to Peyton last year. I'm really looking forward to seeing this young man develop into a starting QB.

28 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

That Twitter doctor (is it Chou?) nailed it again.  Lot of people thought ankle or Achilles and he had ACL all the way.  

When he punched the ground in frustration I think we all knew the reality of this.  

Best wishes, especially psychologically, to Michael.  Very tough to go through this again.  

I posted that I thought it was an ankle.  Bad on me.  But then, I am not a doctor.

What I feel badly about right now.... is not wishing the best for Michael in this thread.... and saying a prayer for a fast and full recovery.....  making amends now.

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I posted that I thought it was an ankle.  Bad on me.  But then, I am not a doctor.

What I feel badly about right now.... is not wishing the best for Michael in this thread.... and saying a prayer for a fast and full recovery.....  making amends now.

Just to be clear, if it already isn’t, I was certainly not ridiculing anyone for suggesting something that was wrong.  (I had no recollection of you suggesting ankle.)   Of course lay people are going to speculate based on what they’ve seen or heard others say.  We are all on the same side hoping for the best.  

My point was to give credit to the doctor who has very impressive expertise in this area, which is a great aspect of social media as Hoosier Faithful and others pointed out.  

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Just to be clear, if it already isn’t, I was certainly not ridiculing anyone for suggesting something that was wrong.  Of course lay people are going to speculate based on what they’ve seen or heard others say.  We are all on the same side hoping for the best.  

My point was to give credit to the doctor who has very impressive expertise in this area, which is a great aspect of social media as Hoosier Faithful and others pointed out.  

It's all good. My friend.  I was just stating that I posted in my inexperienced opinion in the game and post game thread, that it looked like an ankle to me.

Thanks for being a Hoosier Sports Nation for as long as you have..... and please.....

Stay safe. 

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

I predict after a few games people will ask if Tuttle is better than Penix.  Talent wise he’s there, maybe more talent than Penix.  Leadership is where the team will miss Penix the most in my opinion.

I posted in the game thread, when Penix was on the ground, there were 3 players around him.  Whop, Fryfogle, and Marshall.  That says a lot about a QB when your 3 receivers are there for you like that.

54 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No.. no worry there. The only worry would be not recognizing blitzes/OL not doing their job and him getting hurt that way. As far as taking hits, assuming he's tough enough, I don't think that will be an issue at all. The idea would be for him to not take those hits in the first place, though. 

I did like how confident he seemed on Saturday though. Again... @UW for his first start is way different than a 3TD lead at home vs Maryland. 

Good stuff.  I thought he carried himself great which was a good sign for a QB in particular.  They’ve got him at 6’4 215 and he looks fairly solid. In a year or two, I’m sure he will come in at 6’4 225 which is prototype.  Penix is listed at 6’3 218 but he’s got that spindly look.  

Lack of experience is the concern. Hidden coverages, the speed of the game, making his reads.  He’s been around for film study, practice, etc.  But there’s nothing like game speed and gaining experience with it.  I would say that about almost anyone.  

I like him and his potential.   Wisconsin on the road is a darn tough ask for a  first start.  I’d like to see us let him get some easy passes like layups early but take the training wheels off.  We need to run but we will have to mix it up a lot.  If we let Wisconsin sit on the run, that could get brutal.   We aren’t the team that can pound and ground even when you know it’s coming.  

I have never gotten over Wisconsin hanging 83 on us.  I thought it was worse than poor sportsmanship.  

To me in a lot of these stadiums there is not enough room on the sidelines.  it seemed like where Penix went out of bounds the wall was really close.  It looked like it made him have to pull up quickly so he would not run into the wall.  I don't know if it had anything to do with the injury but if there was more room and did not have to try to stop as fast maybe he wouldn't have put so much stress on his knee.

Awful news for Penix and IU football. Best wishes to him for a smooth and successful recovery. Gonna be tough on Tuttle this week unless the run game can have reasonable success. Interested to see how he fares. His credentials and limited run against Maryland have me hoping, even if we can't pull Saturday off, we have legit chance in our remaining games.

Archived