Izzo Positive for COVID

46 minutes ago, HoosierTownie said:

SIAP, I missed it if so, but Tom Izzo has tested positive for COVID-19

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/michigan-state-basketball-coach-tom-izzo-tests-positive-for-covid-19-203439329.html

Thank you for the report.  Mrs. mile and my son met with a high school friend of his last week to see their new puppy.  Got a call the next day that the friend and his wife were not feeling well. So they went in for testing.  Turned out to be negative.  But Mrs. mile was on edge waiting to hear.

Izzo is at a vulnerable age.  And I cannot help that things turn out well for him

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I saw where Dewayne Stephens is tkaing over for IZZO and not Dane Fife.  I thought that Dane was the top assistant and would be Izzo's replacement when he retired.  😊

Fife replacing Izzo has always been interesting conversation for IU fans, but not sure it's a certainty.  Stephens has been with Izzo significantly longer, so having him run practice isn't a big deal, IMO.

Does anyone know if Big10 has defined Covid protocols for hoops players/staff yet? I know what they have to do in football. Guess we just need to accept the fact it's going to be very, very bumpy this year.

Almost certainly could have a scenario when conference title could be determined by which team avoids a Wisconsin situation....or like we saw this weekend in football with Lawrence being out. 

Imagine being Iowa ready to win a conference title for first time in years and Garza tests positive and misses 3-4 key games. That's why I hope the Big 10 learns from their football schedule mistakes and allows some breaks or time in schedule.

If we start after Christmas we have 11 weeks until March 8th....with most campuses empty until early February. Maybe load up the schedule in late December/January...and allow for some wiggle room when students return in Mid February?

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Does anyone know if Big10 has defined Covid protocols for hoops players/staff yet? I know what they have to do in football. Guess we just need to accept the fact it's going to be very, very bumpy this year.

Almost certainly could have a scenario when conference title could be determined by which team avoids a Wisconsin situation....or like we saw this weekend in football with Lawrence being out. 

Imagine being Iowa ready to win a conference title for first time in years and Garza tests positive and misses 3-4 key games. That's why I hope the Big 10 learns from their football schedule mistakes and allows some breaks or time in schedule.

If we start after Christmas we have 11 weeks until March 8th....with most campuses empty until early February. Maybe load up the schedule in late December/January...and allow for some wiggle room when students return in Mid February?

Last I read.  The B1G instituted twice a week testing for ALL sports.

Seeking.... continue to stay safe your self. 

Hope he gets healthy and they figure out a way to keep somewhat of a bubble during the season. I just tested positive yesterday and it’s kicking my butt. Even has a 30 year old in fairly decent shape and no real health issues. Also lost all my sense of smell and taste so that’s an odd thing too. The difference between peas and blueberries is next to nothing right now. And I can’t smell anything( good side my baby’s diapers are no problem now lol). 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Hope he gets healthy and they figure out a way to keep somewhat of a bubble during the season. I just tested positive yesterday and it’s kicking my butt. Even has a 30 year old in fairly decent shape and no real health issues. Also lost all my sense of smell and taste so that’s an odd thing too. The difference between peas and blueberries is next to nothing right now. And I can’t smell anything( good side my baby’s diapers are no problem now lol). 

Hope you feel and get better soon. Our firm administrator, around the same age, also was just diagnosed with Covid and has lost her sense of smell and had basically every other symptom of the virus. This thing will be going away, Pfizer's announcement of a vaccine with high effectiveness and an anticipated to market date of end of year is encouraging. Hope you're healthy soon

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.  I've avoided it so far, but know a few people who have tested positive, it's crazy the range of impact/effect this thing has on people.

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Prayers from mile.... sent up for you. 

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Be safe and you'll be fine on the other side!

Archived