IPFW post game

Indykev

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'll be honest.  This forum, which I am very fond of, is the only thing that will keep me engaged with IU hoops the rest of the season.  Not sure how many games I'll watch.  And, I certainly will not go out of my way to watch them.

You know 5, I see where you're coming from. And at my age, in the upper 60's, I can't take the frustration. We had this last year when we beat both Kansas and North Carolina only to buy in to fools gold. And since last year I DVR the games. If they win, I watch, if not, I erase the game.

Maybe when Archie gets his players I'll show more interest.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably talking from the ledge on this one, but I feel like I'm reaching the end of my rope with IU basketball. I'm tired of rebuilds, tired of drama, tired of losing to teams like this, tired of bad basketball. The worst part is, I've been feeling this way for awhile. I watched the Louisville game, but didn't really feel as engaged as I normally would. I didn't watch the first half of Saturday's game and didn't feel bad about it. I only saw parts of tonight's game and gave up when we fell behind early in the second half because I knew where it was headed.

Probably just going to follow online and look at box scores the rest of the way, and if I have to miss a game for any reason, I won't mind. We're a has-been program that's perpetually rebuilding and I've simply had enough.

4 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

You blame the coach for that piss poor effort?  I'll admit I am still disgusted by the result, but eventually boys need to become men.  Lots of children on this team

I do to some degree.  He sat Newkirk and Davis, inserted Hartman and McBob, and we ripped off a 10-0 run.  The Newkirk came right back in and we lost the lead.  If Crean had done that, people would be yelling at his kids at high school games.

6 minutes ago, Lizard said:

Nothing to say.  Disgusted.  Worse than sucking we have no competitors.  Coach included.  This is his team, supposedly.  Earn your $$$$ Archie.  Sit everyone who played tonight.  We deserve better. 

The new coach has the players he has! Unfortunately they don’t understand playing defense or smart basketball. What’s he going to do, forfeit all games? We have to put a team in the floor!

we have to at least give CAM a chance to put HIS players on the court!

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Probably talking from the ledge on this one, but I feel like I'm reaching the end of my rope with IU basketball. I'm tired of rebuilds, tired of drama, tired of losing to teams like this, tired of bad basketball. The worst part is, I've been feeling this way for awhile. I watched the Louisville game, but didn't really feel as engaged as I normally would. I didn't watch the first half of Saturday's game and didn't feel bad about it. I only saw parts of tonight's game and gave up when we fell behind early in the second half because I knew where it was headed.

Probably just going to follow online and look at box scores the rest of the way, and if I have to miss a game for any reason, I won't mind. We're a has-been program that's perpetually rebuilding and I've simply had enough.

You my friend are suffering from apathy. And I don't think you're alone

5 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

You blame the coach for that piss poor effort?  I'll admit I am still disgusted by the result, but eventually boys need to become men.  Lots of children on this team

Yes, equally with the players.  It is his team.  He doesnt get a pass as coach because he looks frustrated. (Insert any Crean or Davis photo)  We can all frame our last several coaches looks of frustration.  Archie is here to stop this crap..  Lets see what happens next.

9 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

Bingo. Effort is something you have and it takes no talent to put forth effort, none. For as talent lacking McRob is, he at least tries harder than any of the other players.

I am so glad that Crean is gone and have faith that Archie is the guy that will get this ship sailing in the right direction again.  With that said, the more he plays Newkirk and Freddie, the more I question if he is the answer.  Those guys offer nothing......there should be a 3 guard rotation, and a 4-5 man front court rotation.  Shortening the bench to 7 or 8 guys needs to happen to hopefully salvage something out of this season.  Newkirk and Freddy would be behind Priller from this point forward.

The really sad part is that I am no that surprised by the outcome of tonight's game.  Disappointed, yes, surprised not really.  That is what make it so hard to keep watching this team.  I knew exactly where this game was going when they rattled off like a quick 10 run spurred on by our handing them the basketball on a silver platter.  Then the 3's started flying and I knew this team, this mentally, emotionally weak and fragile team was done.

4 minutes ago, Montana Hoosier said:

Bingo. Effort is something you have and it takes no talent to put forth effort, none. For as talent lacking McRob is, he at least tries harder than any of the other players.

Coach is included in this type of debacle.  Why does he get a pass?  If he's a genius against Notre Dame he's surely an idiot tonight 

1 minute ago, bstall76 said:

The really sad part is that I am no that surprised by the outcome of tonight's game.  Disappointed, yes, surprised not really.  That is what make it so hard to keep watching this team.  I knew exactly where this game was going when they rattled off like a quick 10 run spurred on by our handing them the basketball on a silver platter.  Then the 3's started flying and I knew this team, this mentally, emotionally weak and fragile team was done.

So, did you feel that way when we were down 14 to ND in the 2nd half?

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Luckily I didn’t get to watch the game because I was at a work event, but I don’t care about any other stat than Robert Johnson and SIX turnovers.  That is absolutely pathetic, and I cannot wait until he is off this team.  Truly pathetic effort from a senior guard.

Don’t worry Johnson will continue to walk around all blasé like “this basketball thing is no big deal”. 

1 minute ago, bstall76 said:

I posted in another thread, the pre-game, I thought this was a trap game.

Wow, seeing some of these posts makes me wonder about us fans! We have a new coach trying to instill a new system that these kids aren’t used to playing, and screw it we play like crap so I’m not gonna watch! 

Thats as sad and pathetic as you guys keep calling our players! I don’t care how bad we play or look, I’ll keep watching and rooting and yelling at the team and refs! 

No matter how bad we play at times, this team NEEDS us fans, we need to cheer our asses off every game no matter the score!

Ok rant over!

Archived