IPFW post game

Indykev

1 minute ago, Lizard said:

Coach is included in this type of debacle.  Why does he get a pass?  

He is culpable in the overall scheme and player rotation, but not effort a player puts forth. Give him 25% of the blame tonight and 75% to the players that don’t give a shit. The problem with sitting guys for lack of effort would make sense if it was just a few guys. However if sat the players for their lack of effort we wouldn’t have enough guys to play the game.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Muddy River said:

Hard to believe this was the same team 48 hours later.

Very hard.  They looked like a real team Saturday, today many did not even look like they had ever played basketball before with some of the ridiculous passes and turnovers.  I knew this was going to be a long year, but I had no idea it would be 20 point home losses to ISU and IPFW long.

It was an awful game. They didn't come out ready to fight for 40 minutes, gave away possessions, and Ft Wayne made shots. Then it snowballed.. Period.

It's frustrating, but this is a sport.Be mad, sip cocoa , cry hard , burn your couch, do what you have to do ..This season will go on with or without anyone's support.

I'm all in for IU no matter what!    GO HOOSIERS!!!!!!!!!!!  

I think I'll have a smoke and a pancake. 

1 minute ago, jblaz13 said:

It was an awful game. They didn't come out ready to fight for 40 minutes, gave away possessions, and Ft Wayne made shots. Then it snowballed.. Period.

It's frustrating, but this is a sport.Be mad, sip cocoa , cry hard , burn your couch, do what you have to do ..This season will go on with or without anyone's support.

I already kicked the dog, broke a lamp, and  threw the Christmas tree off the deck...none of it helped.

1 minute ago, jblaz13 said:

I hope your smoking left handed cigarettes, because those pancakes won’t taste that good after the donkey punch that just took place.

17 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

I do to some degree.  He sat Newkirk and Davis, inserted Hartman and McBob, and we ripped off a 10-0 run.  The Newkirk came right back in and we lost the lead.  If Crean had done that, people would be yelling at his kids at high school games.

This is fair. I'm sorry, but, while it's early and I'm going to remain patient in CAM's rebuild, have to put blame on CAM, that was just awful. 

If this was a Crean coached game there would be multiple posts about how poorly he coached the game. This was not a good showing from CAM, no more than it was a good showing by the players.

I'm kind of at a loss at how poorly the team can play right after playing a big game in which they, and the coaching staff, played their hearts out. It was in part a trap game, but I didn't think the trap game thing would really apply since this is the same team that embarrassed them last year. Oh well.

4 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one!! 

HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !!

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

This is fair. I'm sorry, but, while it's early and I'm going to remain patient in CAM's rebuild, have to put blame on CAM, that was just awful. 

If this was a Crean coached game there would be multiple posts about how poorly he coached the game. This was not a good showing from CAM, no more than it was a good showing by the players.

I'm kind of at a loss at how poorly the team can play right after playing a big game in which they, and the coaching staff, played their hearts out. It was in part a trap game, but I didn't think the trap game thing would really apply since this is the same team that embarrassed them last year. Oh well.

Good post. We didn't come ready to play and that's on the staff. 

It took Archie two bad years at Dayton before he got it rolling, it may not be too different here. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

It’s CAMs 12th game, and he’s got a team full of players that have never had to play defense! I still think a lot of our shooting woes are because CAM is making guys play defense and it actually takes a lot out of you.

16 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

Wow, seeing some of these posts makes me wonder about us fans! We have a new coach trying to instill a new system that these kids aren’t used to playing, and screw it we play like crap so I’m not gonna watch! 

Thats as sad and pathetic as you guys keep calling our players! I don’t care how bad we play or look, I’ll keep watching and rooting and yelling at the team and refs! 

No matter how bad we play at times, this team NEEDS us fans, we need to cheer our asses off every game no matter the score!

Ok rant over!

On December 13th of Tom Crean's first year as coach, a group of former walk-ons, rag-tag recruits, and Juco transfers lost by only 18 against Kentucky in Rupp Arena.  On December 18th this season, this team, full of seniors, along with several top 150 Freshmen and Sophomores just lost at HOME to FORT WAYNE by 20.

The group of players Crean had deserved our unwavering support.

This group does not.

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

On December 13th of Tom Crean's first year as coach, a group of former walk-ons, rag-tag recruits, and Juco transfers lost by only 18 against Kentucky in Rupp Arena.  This team, full of seniors, along with several top 150 Freshmen and Sophomores just lost at HOME to FORT WAYNE by 20.

This group does not.

Ok, don’t support them. I’m sorry, I don’t understand that logic! I love my Hoosiers win or lose! I can’t not support them no matter what. I will watch every game to the last buzzer no matter the score!

Just now, bstall76 said:

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

It wouldn't change a thing. The Hoosiers would still play like the B Team

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

On December 13th of Tom Crean's first year as coach, a group of former walk-ons, rag-tag recruits, and Juco transfers lost by only 18 against Kentucky in Rupp Arena.  On December 18th this season, this team, full of seniors, along with several top 150 Freshmen and Sophomores just lost at HOME to FORT WAYNE by 20.

This group does not.

Need, I remind you ?  These ARE Crean's players. 

Eh.  On to the next one. Need to learn how to be mentally tough. I don't think that's a trait you can change in a couple of months. Disappointed but any time we play another indiana school I expect to take a shot to the chin. I have faith that Archie will figure out how to get thru to these players. Blame all around though no excuses and I expect we will get none from Archie. 

As for venting or complaining about venting. We all love IU or we wouldn't be on a message board in the middle of the evening. Crean kept us in rebuild mode. Have faith that Archie will get us to reload mode. Bad losses are going to happen almost every year. Vent my friends this ship will be righted but it will careen a bit first lol. 

1 minute ago, bstall76 said:

I Pity the Fool..... You can complete the sentence

1 minute ago, Jacarcio said:

Eh.  On to the next one. Need to learn how to be mentally tough. I don't think that's a trait you can change in a couple of months. Disappointed but any time we play another indiana school I expect to take a shot to the chin. I have faith that Archie will figure out how to get thru to these players. Blame all around though no excuses and I expect we will get none from Archie. 

As for venting or complaining about venting. We all love IU or we wouldn't be on a message board in the middle of the evening. Crean kept us in rebuild mode. Have faith that Archie will get us to reload mode. Bad losses are going to happen almost every year. Vent my friends this ship will be righted but it will careen a bit first lol. 

Thank you, great post!

Archived