Ohio State

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some random thoughts here. In the past I just wanted to hang close and not get embarrassed.  This year I am all in on winning this game. In my heart I feel we will be right their at the end to have a shot at victory.  The part that worries me. Urban never really tried to run the score up just to do it unless it was needed to prove to voters etc... I heard Big Joe say Day likes to put their foot on your throat and keep accelerating.  I

My only worry is we get down and give in a little in the 4th and they pour it on late 

My prediction Campbell with a 51 yarder as time expires IU 41-40. Instant classic

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Some random thoughts here. In the past I just wanted to hang close and not get embarrassed.  This year I am all in on winning this game. In my heart I feel we will be right their at the end to have a shot at victory.  The part that worries me. Urban never really tried to run the score up just to do it unless it was needed to prove to voters etc... I heard Big Joe say Day likes to put their foot on your throat and keep accelerating.  I

My only worry is we get down and give in a little in the 4th and they pour it on late 

My prediction Campbell with a 51 yarder as time expires IU 41-40. Instant classic

I hope/pray your outcome is correct.

Fields is the guy I am concerned about.  Just as we have done with Mike, the Bucks have not let Justin run much with designed plays.

https://fansided.com/2020/11/17/justin-fields-heisman-odds-ohio-state-indiana/

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

How will you be celebrating this historic victory?? I figured I better ask prior to the game most I suspect may not remember how the celebrated the next day. 

My wife has made me promise 2 things following an IU victory. Due to family staying at our house for the Thanksgiving holiday,  any alcohol induced streaking must include:

1. Waiting until it's dark

2. A thorough warm up and stretching so I don't pull a hammy and can't work.

She's a smart woman and knows I'll either pass out or sober up by dark, and the situation should resolve itself. Go Hoosiers!!

5 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

My wife has made me promise 2 things following an IU victory. Due to family staying at our house for the Thanksgiving holiday,  any alcohol induced streaking must include:

1. Waiting until it's dark

2. A thorough warm up and stretching so I don't pull a hammy and can't work.

She's a smart woman and knows I'll either pass out or sober up by dark, and the situation should resolve itself. Go Hoosiers!!

You married a smart woman!!

9 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

The Darkest Day part 2

That already happened.  The darkest day was in 87 when we beat them in the shoe.  The next year, we beat them again in Memorial Stadium, I was there as a freshman, and we were all chanting "Dark Day II" as OSU left the field!  

And, if you're interested in a history lesson, Dark Day III was on the platter and ready to be served in 1989, in Columbus.  Late in the 4th quarter and IU scored a safety and lined up to receive the kick, needing only to run the clock to secure a victory.  OSU chose to punt the free kick instead of a kick off.  Markel Granderson played it like a punt instead of a kickoff and let it go.  Free kicks have the same rules as kickoffs, so OSU recovered deep in IU territory and scored a late touchdown...from which we still have not recovered.

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
One byproduct of a roller coaster 2020 and several early big wins?

The moment won't be too big for Indiana.

That, my friend, was one helluva read.  Kudos and keep on keeping on.

I rarely watch ESPN.  However this morning my son and I were prepping some beef jerky to throw in the dehydrator later today.  And he asked to watch ESPN.  Much to my surprise... they spent quite amount of time talking about the IU/OSU game.  And Tim Teboe had a lot of good things to say about Penix. 

24 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

IU......Either way,....Win or Lose this game, the result is going to be because we "Run what we Brung" and fought like MEN! CTA wants to win each game knowing his men did it without help from the opposing team. What I mean is, when we leave the shoe Saturday afternoon It will be so much sweeter knowing we did it against their best and not because of key injuries on their team. Unfortunately, with a win over Ohio St., excuses will still pile up. I think the biggest one will be because the stadium was empty. I just don't want this game to have that * pinned beside it. 

51 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I rarely watch ESPN.  However this morning my son and I were prepping some beef jerky to throw in the dehydrator later today.  And he asked to watch ESPN.  Much to my surprise... they spent quite amount of time talking about the IU/OSU game.  And Tim Teboe had a lot of good things to say about Penix. 

Was just watching MLB hot stove show and they had Scott Rolen  on there talking about him being up for the HOF.  He had an Indiana hat in and they asked him about the football team and the game this week

Archived