4. Moore/Smith
  5. Priller

Then if we get down by 30 or more we can play:

1. Newkirk
  2. Johnson
  3. MsSwain
  4. Somebody
  5. Davis

I'm hoping that IU only loses by 10 points or less ,vbg !! Tennesee Tech is tied for the most overall wins in the Ohio Valley Conference with  an 8 & 4 Record [ which is MORE WINS than  Indiana State has AND is the same # of wins that  IUPU Ft. Wayne has and ONE less LOSS than IUPU Ft. Way ne currently has !! I'm for starting  Jonny Jager at point guard , Tim Priller at shooting guard { at least it would be harder for the opponent to shoot a 3 pointer over Priller's Height !! A;lso  , I would start  Morgan at center , with Hartmann and McRoberts at the wings !! I would also play a mixture of defenses !!  I.E. ,  Box and one ,  2-3 . 3-2  , 2-1-2 ZONES !! I hate saying this [ but ] it is NOT FUN watching IU give up 90 points to Indiana State and then 92 points to IUPU Ft. Wayne  ( AFTER holding Notre Dame to 77 POINTS in an OVERTIME GAME ! Dang it , Archie ( and assistant coaches) get that defensive B.S. [censured] crap straightened OUT !!

P.S. IF IU doesn't get going in the RIGHT directiion , they might not make it into any post-season TOURNAMENT other than our CONFERENCE Post Season Tournament !! ( Before this season started I would never have imagined that I'd be making this kind of a statement !!!!!!!)

Well ,  Here is my prediction :: Tennesse Tech 79 IU 77 !! This is not opinion based !! Rather , it is what the system I use for making predictions kicked out !! A good reason to consider this result :: IU is averaging only 74.5 points per game !!  Guess how many POINTS per game IU IS GIVING UP ??? ANSWER 75.4 POINTS PER GAME !! That means IU is giving up almost a FULL POINT MORE EACH GAME THAN THEY ARE SCORING  PER GAME !! This has GOT TO CHANGE ! I am a total OPTIMIST ! However ,I am NOT STUPID  ,  CRAZY  ,  OR RETARDED !! Facts are facts !! And- the COLD HARD FACTS of this IU SQUAD are that they are NOT playing up to their talent/potential level on either OFFENSE OR DEFENSE !! Of COURSE , I am hoping AND PRAYING THAT THE CURRENT STATE 0F AFFAIRS REGARDING THE PLAY OF IU MEN'S BASKETBALL CHANGES FOR THE BETTER However , I'm just not  sure at this point & time if they will ever JELL as a team this season( and play consistently well) or not ????? I sure as hell am hopeful and wishing that this season does not turn out to be WORSE than LAST season !! AGAIN- at this point in time , I just can not get a clear picture in my Crystal Ball on the rest of this season !1 At least last season I  always felt IU was capable of winning every time out !! I'm just not feeling that way right now !! I hope that feeling comes back to me BEFORE this season finishes !! If not , I remember the old BROOKLYN  Dodger Fan cry : " Wait until next year - we'll murder the bums . "( VERY BIG GRIN)

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You know it's bad when HTD has lost faith.  

I am assuming HTD did his homework and I surmise he saw the same things I did.  This Tech team is no cupcake.  They have played a good schedule for a OVC team.  And yes they can shoot the 3.

They are an above average 3 point shooting team so we can practice defending the 3. Not much in the way of size so I think we use De'Ron and Juwan a lot (or we should). Hopefully Collin can have a breakout game and start dropping some consistent shots. Would love to see us run a few different defenses but I know we won't. Would like to see some Clifton Moore because next year he is the backup center after all. 

RICO::: You made a brilliant deduction !! I did do my homework !! Tennessee Tech is Tied with Jacksonville State for the most Wins in the Ohio Valley Conference with 8 wins  ( TWO more than IU currently has !!)  I'm sure Archie Miller knows what he is doing [??????] However ,here are some things I am  curious about !! Why does Archie not try the ZONE DEFENSE ?? The Zone defense has done great things for Butthead Boeheim at Syracuse !! After Tom Priller had his BEST game of his IU career versus pee yew last season , he seldom gets any playing time ?? I do not understand that  ??? IU's turnover rate is gosh-awful and he has a really good ball handling point guard in Jonny Jager who also is not playing ????????????? If I was Archie , I'd be willing to try something different with this IU team since it ain't getting done the way it currently is !! Something has to change in a positive manner or it is gonna be a longer and tougher season than last season , imho !! Bob Knight always said that the BENCH is a powerful motivator !! I trust old Bob about that , so maybe Archie needs to change up his starting lineup and change his defensive philosophy to to start mixing up his defenses to CONFUSE the opposition's offense !! Bottom line [to me] is this :: Something has got to change for the better or else this season is gonna be a LOST CAUSE !!

23 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

RICO::: You made a brilliant deduction !! I did do my homework !! Tennessee Tech is Tied with Jacksonville State for the most Wins in the Ohio Valley Conference with 8 wins  ( TWO more than IU currently has !!)  I'm sure Archie Miller knows what he is doing [??????] However ,here are some things I am  curious about !! Why does Archie not try the ZONE DEFENSE ?? The Zone defense has done great things for Butthead Boeheim at Syracuse !! After Tom Priller had his BEST game of his IU career versus pee yew last season , he seldom gets any playing time ?? I do not understand that  ??? IU's turnover rate is gosh-awful and he has a really good ball handling point guard in Jonny Jager who also is not playing ????????????? If I was Archie , I'd be willing to try something different with this IU team since it ain't getting done the way it currently is !! Something has to change in a positive manner or it is gonna be a longer and tougher season than last season , imho !! Bob Knight always said that the BENCH is a powerful motivator !! I trust old Bob about that , so maybe Archie needs to change up his starting lineup and change his defensive philosophy to to start mixing up his defenses to CONFUSE the opposition's offense !! Bottom line [to me] is this :: Something has got to change for the better or else this season is gonna be a LOST CAUSE !!

To be honest HTD, unfortunately I tend to agree with your prediction.  I noticed that Tennessee Tech put up over a 100 on New Mexico in a win.  They also played Central Michigan and Dayton.  They will not be in awe when they come to AH.  Keep the name Aleksa Jugovic in mind, he was 7 of 7 from behind the arc against the Lobos.

This is a game we should win.  We know that they will only beat us if they make threes.  No way should they beat us by going inside.

We have got to keep them from getting open shots.  Extend the "pack line" defense if needed.  Let them throw it in the post all they want.  Don't help off shooters.  Put Johnson on their best penetrator to keep him out of the lane, and stay close on shooters.  Until they show that they can beat us inside, we have to do something to keep them from getting wide open threes.

34 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

This is a game we should win.  We know that they will only beat us if they make threes.  No way should they beat us by going inside.

We have got to keep them from getting open shots.  Extend the "pack line" defense if needed.  Let them throw it in the post all they want.  Don't help off shooters.  Put Johnson on their best penetrator to keep him out of the lane, and stay close on shooters.  Until they show that they can beat us inside, we have to do something to keep them from getting wide open threes.

I've always thought we should make a team prove they're willing and able to feed the post consistently, AND score before we start with help defense down low.

8 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Definitely agree we should pound them inside with Morgan and Davis. The key though will be eliminating the live ball turnovers, which killed that plan against FW. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Definitely agree we should pound them inside with Morgan and Davis. The key though will be eliminating the live ball turnovers, which killed that plan against FW. 

I would love to see the first 5 possessions be us coming down the floor, have Morgan and Davis post up, and hit one of them on the block.  If they can work their defender over like they should be able to, that makes the game a whole lot easier.  Then they have to double to stop them and it will leave others open.

I think if we focus on the post it should hopefully help limit turnovers too.  Hopefully wouldn't be as many turnovers when feeding the post a lot instead of the guards trying to create something.  But our guards could probably turn it over on a free throw, so who knows.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Was it around a 22 point difference in points off turnovers? That’s almost the game (among other things).  

I expect a sharper performance tonight. 

11 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Was it around a 22 point difference in points off turnovers? That’s almost the game (among other things).  

I expect a sharper performance tonight. 

It was something like that, and against FW that is what killed our ability to pound the paint and utilize De'Ron. It's also what allowed FW to knock-down so many transition 3's. 

To play a slow, half-court game where you control the paint, you have to limit turnovers, especially the live-ball kind. 

Archived