Texas Postgame Thread

KDB

14 hours ago, Andy06 said:

The team Archie inherited was exponentially better than what Crean inherited.  That isn't debatable. 

I wasn't expecting a deep tournament run in year 3.  I did expect not getting an ass kicking at home vs Indiana St. or Ft. Wayne.  I would expct to see a win vs Purdue at some point. 

I would expect a tournament appearance before year 4.  Nearly every bracketology last spring had IU on the bubble,  needing one more win to get in.

Tom Allen walked into a much worse situation and has blown Archie out of the water.   I am not advocating Archie getting fired,  but nobody with any degree of basketball intelligence can say he has been anything other than a disappointment. 

Oh, so if you have any basketball intelligence you’d think CAM has been a disappointment. 🤣 You did not answer the questions I asked. Exponentially better my rear end! Oh my gosh, we had four 4 stars!! Who on that team did you think was worth a nickel besides Morgan and RJ? Chicken CRAP rated a 3 out of 10 is no better than chicken crap rated as a 1 out of 10. And what you expect isn’t answering my question on how you thought that would be done quicker or better. Comparing football to basketball is an awful comparison. You throw 85 scholarships at kids you absolutely should be able to make it work in the Big10. Playing with 13 is MUCH different. Have you put your resume together yet? 

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Yeah, I don’t buy this either. I could maybe see Indians kids affected by the fans because they grow up around it. But even then we’re basically calling those kids ignorant because they are smart enough to figure out that it doesn’t just happen in Indiana. This may be harsh, and some may disagree, but I don’t want the kids that are “afraid” to come here. I’m not excusing idiot fans that go over the top, but that’s life unfortunately. People go over the top in all facets. You quickly learn to do your thing, work hard, try to make good decisions, and do your best. I’ve lived in KY my entire life around ignorant, abusive fans and it doesn’t stop kids from going there.  @IU Scott I agree with you about CAM right now, but I don’t agree with you on this. 

Said it much better than I could’ve KY. 

13 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Oh, so if you have any basketball intelligence you’d think CAM has been a disappointment. 🤣 You did not answer the questions I asked. Exponentially better my rear end! Oh my gosh, we had four 4 stars!! Who on that team did you think was worth a nickel besides Morgan and RJ? Chicken CRAP rated a 3 out of 10 is no better than chicken crap rated as a 1 out of 10. And what you expect isn’t answering my question on how you thought that would be done quicker or better. Comparing football to basketball is an awful comparison. You throw 85 scholarships at kids you absolutely should be able to make it work in the Big10. Playing with 13 is MUCH different. Have you put your resume together yet? 

First,  paragraphs are your friend.   

Second, how is Kyle Tabor, a group of managers and baseball players comparable to a team of guys with multiple power 5 offers?  It sounds like I am bashing Tabor but I am not.  That team was lucky to win a game.

Basketball is MUCH quicker turnaround than football.  A couple of impact players out of 13 make a bigger difference than a couple impact players out of 85.

I am not claiming I can do better than Archie.  I played in high school and coached a few years at the middle school level.   Clearly I am not qualified for the job. I feel like he has underachieved giving the resources available. 

If you are satisfied with the results so far that's fine.  At a certain point don't we need to expect progress?

3 hours ago, Andy06 said:

First,  paragraphs are your friend.   

Second, how is Kyle Tabor, a group of managers and baseball players comparable to a team of guys with multiple power 5 offers?  It sounds like I am bashing Tabor but I am not.  That team was lucky to win a game.

Basketball is MUCH quicker turnaround than football.  A couple of impact players out of 13 make a bigger difference than a couple impact players out of 85.

I am not claiming I can do better than Archie.  I played in high school and coached a few years at the middle school level.   Clearly I am not qualified for the job. I feel like he has underachieved giving the resources available. 

If you are satisfied with the results so far that's fine.  At a certain point don't we need to expect progress?

I see English professor will show up on that resume you’re going to put together.

I don’t care the level of chicken crap compared to the other. Both rosters were chicken crap.

I already stated when I expected progress. He deserves a full recruiting cycle of kids (4-5 years). I’m pretty sure I’ve stated my opinion on that. Should I talk about comprehension since you felt necessary to talk about paragraphs? You don’t need to answer that.

3 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I see English professor will show up on that resume you’re going to put together.

I don’t care the level of chicken crap compared to the other. Both rosters were chicken crap.

I already stated when I expected progress. He deserves a full recruiting cycle of kids (4-5 years). I’m pretty sure I’ve stated my opinion on that. Should I talk about comprehension since you felt necessary to talk about paragraphs? You don’t need to answer that.

At this point I think you are being intentionally obtuse (another english lesson for you).

Crean inherited less than one point per game and his first class was an attempt to assemble a roster.   The two situations aren't even close.  

I am ok with giving Archie 4 to 5 years,  but he is marginally ahead of Crean despite having a big head start.

6 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

At this point I think you are being intentionally obtuse (another english lesson for you).

Crean inherited less than one point per game and his first class was an attempt to assemble a roster.   The two situations aren't even close.  

I am ok with giving Archie 4 to 5 years,  but he is marginally ahead of Crean despite having a big head start.

For somebody who acts like an English professor, you’d think you understood when you needed new paragraphs. When you type four sentences on the same relative topic you don’t need three paragraphs. 

“Aren’t even close” according to you. When you make an opinionated statement you should note that it’s your opinion as well.

So, while on the tread...watched the Texas/IU game since the first time couldn't pay attention that well.  Anyhow, at first defense was solid, shots that would normally fall didn't around the rim.

Lander mid season could of been an x factor. As he learns the college game, breaking down pressure would if been wonderful- he could of been a press breaker himself.  

Would like to see more pick, roll, pop with him and Trayce and Race.  That will come, I hope.  

Glad to see my energy today.  IU learned they have to bring it everyday.  

Archived