Texas Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

There are alot of examples where great mid major coaches moved to big schools and didn't make it.  Or didn't make it at that specific school. It happens allot more often actually that those who make it to the big time

The thing is if we make a change after this year those mid major coaches will be the next coach at IU

7 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

image.png.6060ad602cce08ceff3b4741dc198ca1.png

Scott, you act like because fans are unhappy with a coach and how the team plays that they aren't rooting for them to win or want they to be great.  I don't see our numbers of fans in the forum going down.  I don't see anyone leaving IU and going to another team.  I see fans who are ok with where we are and i see fans who are fed up with where we are.  But i only see fans.  You should step down from your high horse before you break your neck man

👏 

Awful shooting day, which is what we knew we needed to be better at. Knock down shots at a more average clip for us and this is a different game. Truly believe this was due in large part to how physical Texas was and partly that they get away with a lot of it. Kind of like UK and UL, hack city, officials blow the whistle a lot and think they’re blowing it too much when in reality it should be a lot worse. Oh well, have to adjust or get tougher. I’m not going to fret over one game against a ranked team. It was good for us as we’ll see a lot of physicality / tough games with our schedule. If this becomes a theme then I’ll change my tone a little. Still don’t have Brunk back which possibly helps in that game, and we’re only three in. Keep giving the effort on the Defensive end and work on our shot. We’ll be okay. 

3 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

In my opinion, we are average.  As much as we want to believe we have or will improve, I simply can't buy it.  If TJD leaves after this season, who is going to be our scoring threat?  We have no consistent shooters.  We hoped Hunter would emerge, but I'm having doubts.  Yes, it's very early, but I see average outcomes for us this season and lots of ??? next season. 

Race is the only improved player i can see from last year. When a 3 star frosh is your 4th best player your team is in trouble. Bringing lander in a year early did him no favors.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Terrible game and the players need to be held accountable but it is just one game.  I will not turn back on my team during the bad times because when the good times come I will still be here.  There are a lot of different people responsible for where the program is and the fans has some of the responsibility as well.  I know all fan bases have those who turn on their team after ever loss but that doesn't make it right ad well.  To me turning on players and coaches will hurt recruiting and getting top candidates to come here.

Hurt recruiting.  Shooting 20percent will do more damage than us talking bad about that effort. Its not turning your back to question things. If we can praise yesterday's performance why can't we criticize today's. I for one will not bury my head in the sand and just say oh well thays my team same thing for 4 years now.

1 minute ago, iuthruandthru said:

I would expect most IU fans to be able to handle their liquor.  Look at all the years of tailgating and not actually going into the football games.  But even this might be too much for even the best IU has to offer.

We've only been rebuilding for +20 years.  IU fans are well versed in the arts of liquor.

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

A couple of observations:

• Two recent recruits we lost talked about 'style of play' as keys to their decision.
  • You can be a good coach, but maybe not a good coach at a particular school.  We may have that going on here.

Greg McDermott is a great example of this.  Had success at UNI and absolutely sucked at Iowa State.  Moved on to creighton and has he success there.  Even with recruits.  Sorry Too soon?

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Was good to see Al back on the bench after game. Hopefully it's nothing long term. We'll need him. 

Will be turning into a lurker, rather than a poster, for a while. It's a shame when I get criticized about wishing an IU player well, after an injury. That comment cut me to the core.  Not going away.  Just taking some time off from posting. 

Everyone needs to chill. Just like we weren’t declaring this a final 4 season after yesterday(or we shouldn’t have been), we also shouldn’t be calling this a sure sign of Archie’s failure either. It’s disappointing for sure.

The game sucked. I’m sure no one here cares nearly nearly as much as the team and coaching staff.

Archived