Texas Postgame Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

We got outrebounded by 20.

This is not just about shooting.  There was a clear talent/athleticism gap.

Agree with that a little bit, and as I stated earlier they got away with a lot. They ended up with a lot of fouls but it could have been a lot worse for them. We have to adjust as that’s where the game has gone. 

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, milehiiu said:

Will be turning into a lurker, rather than a poster, for a while. It's a shame when I get criticized about wishing an IU player well, after an injury. That comment cut me to the core.  Not going away.  Just taking some time off from posting. 

You misread a quote. Nobody was referencing your comment.

Just now, milehiiu said:

Will be turning into a lurker, rather than a poster, for a while. It's a shame when I get criticized about wishing an IU player well, after an injury. That comment cut me to the core.  Not going away.  Just taking some time off from posting. 

Must have missed. Someone say something to you about wishing our guy well?? That's asinine.

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Tried to post this about Archie Miller in the game thread, but it locked before I could hit post. 

My belief since his first year has been that he'll be fired in March of 2022. I guessed five years because we tend to be far more patient than other bluebloods who demand results over visions and excuses. He won't be fired this year because everything is weird with Covid and we won't play in normal settings. If TJD foolishly tries to go pro after this season, next year won't be any better because he whiffed on '21 recruiting and we still won't shoot well enough to beat teams like we saw today. 

Someone posted last night that UNLV is one of those programs that had a good coach who made them relevant for awhile, but when that coach left, they went downhill and were never the same again. I've tried not to think we could be one of those, but we're pushing two decades since our last Final Four, and people old enough to be parents weren't even alive the last time we won it all. 

Things can change quickly if you hire the right coach. Things can also get worse if you hire the wrong one. 

The problem is that Indiana has fallen so far and for so long that it's going to take a big hire to move the needle for the program.

CAM is a good coach but good coaches are everywhere. Nobody says 'oh man, I really want to play for him'.  He's not good enough or well know enough to elevate a program. 

If the program was great, CAM would be fine in maintaining that. Be he can't do that. He has to elevate it. And I'm not sure the University even wants to do that. They certainly won't let CAM run it the way he wants and needs to.

It was disconcerting to see Texas clearly better and more talented across the board.

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I think that was directed at the person who commented on your post, not your original post.

Just have to not listen to posters after a bad loss because some guys can't handle it

No need to go Mile...I don't think he was referencing what you said. Keep on posting....it wouldn't be the same without your insight.

1 minute ago, madmax said:

Everyone needs to chill. Just like we weren’t declaring this a final 4 season after yesterday(or we shouldn’t have been), we also shouldn’t be calling this a sure sign of Archie’s failure either. It’s disappointing for sure.

The game sucked. I’m sure no one here cares nearly nearly as much as the team and coaching staff.

Good teams just dont have games like this good teams lose to some bad teams but very few shoot 22 percent.  We have no one who when they shoot from anywhere layups included do I feel confident its going in. That's a big.probkem. a systematic problem not a 1 bad game problem

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I don't think they were taking issue with you but with Rico saying what he did about Al being missed but i could be wrong

3 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

The problem is that Indiana has fallen so far and for so long that it's going to take a big hire to move the needle for the program.

CAM is a good coach but good coaches are everywhere. Nobody says 'oh man, I really want to play for him'.  He's not good enough or well know enough to elevate a program. 

If the program was great, CAM would be fine in maintaining that. Be he can't do that. He has to elevate it. And I'm not sure the University even wants to do that. They certainly won't let CAM run it the way he wants and needs to.

It was disconcerting to see Texas clearly better and more talented across the board.

Who is that homerun hire who is realistic candidate that would come here

Archived