Texas Postgame Thread

KDB

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Good teams just dont have games like this good teams lose to some bad teams but very few shoot 22 percent.  We have no one who when they shoot from anywhere layups included do I feel confident its going in. That's a big.probkem. a systematic problem not a 1 bad game problem

UK was 0-10 from 3 there last game

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, madmax said:

Everyone needs to chill. Just like we weren’t declaring this a final 4 season after yesterday(or we shouldn’t have been), we also shouldn’t be calling this a sure sign of Archie’s failure either. It’s disappointing for sure.

The game sucked. I’m sure no one here cares nearly nearly as much as the team and coaching staff.

It's not just a single game, though. It's 3 seasons of this up and down, inconsistent play. It's 3 seasons of poor shooting and uninspired looking games more often than not.

I think the sample size is large enough now to really question how well Miller is performing at IU. Sure, this single game may be a one-off bad game just like FSU and Marquette were one-off good games but the last 3 seasons make that seem unlikely. I guess we'll have a better idea tomorrow which it is.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

UK was 0-10 from 3 there last game

Scott.  No one on this board wants to be UK.  But, we do want to be consistent winners that play the right way.  How about staying in the Big Ten and compare us to Wisconsin.  Why should Wisconsin be the team on the long string of Top 4 finishes and not IU?  Why?

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Good teams just dont have games like this good teams lose to some bad teams but very few shoot 22 percent.  We have no one who when they shoot from anywhere layups included do I feel confident its going in. That's a big.probkem. a systematic problem not a 1 bad game problem

Right, and what I’m saying is you can’t diagnose systemic problems after 3 games. You can over the course of seasons, sure, and maybe this is a continued trend of the past 3 years. But maybe it’s not and we won’t know until later.

6 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

I'd take Donovan, Stevens, Beilein or Pitino in a heartbeat if we're talking about being elite and winning basketball games 

Here’s a scary thought, with all the money lost due to Covid I expect a lot of teams may keep coaches longer in college ranks than they normally would.  I love this list but unless we get a Cuban or Cook level donation to buy out Archie and pay the large sums for a super high profile guy I don’t see this happening.

4 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

I'd take Donovan, Stevens, Beilein or Pitino in a heartbeat if we're talking about being elite and winning basketball games 

Well none of those coaches are available and would never want Pitino because winning is not that important.  I like Beilein but I don't know about his sge

Hard to say much positive about today's performance. Most people posted what I said during the game....not Crean's kids anymore....style of play is tough to watch offensively. Granted, style of play has nothing to do about the insane amount of shots missed within two feet of the bucket. And I don't think the rebounding discrepancy is a talent issue. I watched many possessions where our guys stood around and simply didn't hustle to grab a loose ball. Incredibly disappointing to watch that happen over and over.

And I the only thing worse that watching a crappy performance like that is doing so while listening to Bill Walton's oral diarrhea. How many times did that guy growl, bark, or oddly moan during that broadcast? I literally had to turn off the volume by the end of the game!

4 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Not jumping on Stevens before the Celtics got him is going to be something that haunts this program for the rest of my life.   He was the one.  The perfect girl you had a chance with but never got the courage to ask out.

I’m not advocating firing him yet but this game reminds me of the duke debacle of the coach crean’s last years where college analysts were wondering what the hell was he doing defensively but just now it’s in reverse were people are wondering why were running a 90’s style offense were we looks for twos and the more  modern opponent’s offense looks for threes. Then again I feel this offense is perfect for us since as a program we are pretty much relics of the past.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well UCLA has only won one championship since Wooden and they go through coaches and it has not helped.

Might as well give it up. You’re not changing anyone’s mind and everyone is already convinced Archie isn’t the guy. Stop wasting your energy. It isn’t worth it. 

2 minutes ago, madmax said:

Right, and what I’m saying is you can’t diagnose systemic problems after 3 games. You can over the course of seasons, sure, and maybe this is a continued trend of the past 3 years. But maybe it’s not and we won’t know until later.

3 years and 3 games are enough. It looks the same great game followed by a slew of terrible games win 1 lose 4 or 5. We have great record against cupcakes and poor against everyone else

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Did I say UK was a great team. How many freshmen they play . These are upper classes all Archie guys. We shot 22 for the game not just.piss.poor from 3 but from point blank

Well if they would just hit the shots at the basket we would be alright.  I don't know if the kids don't keep their eyes on the rim or what they do to shoot so poorly within 5;feet of the basket

29 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

image.png.6060ad602cce08ceff3b4741dc198ca1.png

Scott, you act like because fans are unhappy with a coach and how the team plays that they aren't rooting for them to win or want they to be great.  I don't see our numbers of fans in the forum going down.  I don't see anyone leaving IU and going to another team.  I see fans who are ok with where we are and i see fans who are fed up with where we are.  But i only see fans.  You should step down from your high horse before you break your neck man

see this is what i try to point out.  just because we criticize doesn't mean we aren't still loyal fans.  i'm not going to stop watching.  i'm not going to stop cheering.  i do have plenty of negative things to say after that mess.  

Archived