Texas Postgame Thread

KDB

5 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Jesus. Time to logoff for a while. Let's judge Archie and the team at the middle of the season at least.  

Gotta agree with you. But it still sucks to see after years of rebuilding, I had to see our teams got annihilated by a good D-1 team. A loss is a loss, but I think it matters how we lose a game. A 10-point loss? I can take it, but a 22-point beatdown? It's hard to swallow in Archie's year 4. Maybe UT turns out to be a contender later this year, then I feel less bad about this loss. We'll see. 

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Texas played like pretty much every Big 10 team plays - physical, tough defense.  I don't think this offensive performance bodes well for the rest of the season.  I know its one game, but the patterns were there the previous couple years - the offensive outbursts like yesterday are the exceptions.  The long droughts and poor shooting are the rules. 

No team in the B10 has the talent and athleticism Texas has.

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The 92 team got beat by UCLA by 15 in their opener, and wound up in the Final 4.

My point is, Texas has a TON of talent, is very deep, experienced and I think Shaka is finally growing into a Power 5 coach.

Let's get a few more games under our belt before we write the season and CAM off.

The 81 team was 7-5 and lost to Pan American

6 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

his numbers came largely when the game was already decided.  he didn't play bad compared to the rest of the team, but missed easy baskets early to help us get off to such a bad start.

If he constantly continues to play this way this year.....he won’t be getting drafted by any body but over seas.

I do like Rob defensively but our starting point guard needs to be able break down defenders with the dribble. I understand he is fundamentally sound but his dribbling is very underwhelming compared to yogi were you can feel he could blow by any player which in turn open up the offense. That’s what missing in this offense this is why lander needs to start I understand defensively he’s way below average but Archie needs to evolve he can’t stay the same course he is on or we he will keep having these results while we as fans keep hoping some different positive result happening because that is the very definition of insanity.

So I said this in the game thread and I am waiting to get pounded for it, so I'll say it again... a popular theme on this board is that recruiting rankings or numbers don't matter.  I'd like to point out that according to 247 recruiting if you take TJD out these are today's starters rankings coming into college:

Race 134

RP 135

Franklin 151

Durham 230

I still say talent matters.  Not really advocating to fire CAM after game 2 of this season, but would be okay if we knew of some home run hire like someone mentioned before.  I just don't think that opportunity is there.  Unfortunately this year's freshmen are nice role players and we are facing one of our most disappointing recruiting classes ever in 2021.  

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

So I said this in the game thread and I am waiting to get pounded for it, so I'll say it again... a popular theme on this board is that recruiting rankings or numbers don't matter.  I'd like to point out that according to 247 recruiting if you take TJD out these are today's starters rankings coming into college:

Race 134

RP 135

Franklin 151

Durham 230

I still say talent matters.  Not really advocating to fire CAM after game 2 of this season, but would be okay if we knew of some home run hire like someone mentioned before.  I just don't think that opportunity is there.  Unfortunately this year's freshmen are nice role players and we are facing one of our most disappointing recruiting classes ever in 2021.  

Yeah, I agree.  We are very average when it comes to talent.  I want to know who is going to be our leading scorer next year when TJD leaves early?

Archived