Parker Stewart (Transfer) Commits to Indiana

gnet550

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dgambill said:

Why not take him and Aminu! Lol Aminu won’t play til next year anyways.

I am sure there has been more but I can only think of one player who came in at second semester and played right out of high school.  Kansas had a player a couple of years ago Agbaji and played right away in January.  I know they said Muhammad can't because he did not reclassify but how did this KU player do it

I have a few questions on this one.

According to the article from TDH...

"In a report by ESPN’s Jeff Borzello, Stewart has not decided whether he would like to enroll somewhere and play in January, or wait until the 2020-21 season.

“I haven’t decided yet,” Stewart told ESPN on whether he will sit out this entire season.

As a graduate transfer, Stewart is immediately eligible."

So I guess there's at least a chance he'll play, or at least want to play, in January.

So if he comes to a school in January, does that limit him to actually a year and a half (ending his career after the 2021-2022 season), or would he be eligible until the half way point of the 2022-2023 season in January of 2023?

Right now our chemistry, from everything I see, is good. Any way you slice it, this kid is going to cut into somebody's minutes. And I'm not sure that's a good thing. 

I know he left Pitt after Stallings was canned, and playing for his father did them both good until his dad's tragic demise. I also understand that without his father there UT Martin held nothing for him, and the ability to choose a higher profile school was attractive. But is he ok with going back to being a part of a team, and with not being "the man"?

If he waits and basically takes Al's spot in 21-22 I think that's a better scenario for us.

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I am sure there has been more but I can only think of one player who came in at second semester and played right out of high school.  Kansas had a player a couple of years ago Agbaji and played right away in January.  I know they said Muhammad can't because he did not reclassify but how did this KU player do it

Reclass has nothing to do with it. It all has to do with if he has his academics in order to be eligible once he gets enrolled and the coaching staff wants to play him or not. Kansas has had a couple guys do this the last few years.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

"In a report by ESPN’s Jeff Borzello, Stewart has not decided whether he would like to enroll somewhere and play in January, or wait until the 2020-21 season.

“I haven’t decided yet,” Stewart told ESPN on whether he will sit out this entire season.

So I guess there's at least a chance he'll play, or at least want to play, in January.

So if he comes to a school in January, does that limit him to actually a year and a half (ending his career after the 2021-2022 season), or would he be eligible until the half way point of the 2022-2023 season in January of 2023?

Right now our chemistry, from everything I see, is good. Any way you slice it, this kid is going to cut into somebody's minutes. And I'm not sure that's a good thing. 

I know he left Pitt after Stallings was canned, and playing for his father did them both good until his dad's tragic demise. I also understand that without his father there UT Martin held nothing for him, and the ability to choose a higher profile school was attractive. But is he ok with going back to being a part of a team, and with not being "the man"?

If he waits and basically takes Al's spot in 21-22 I think that's a better scenario for us.

If he will accept a role and will also play defense he is actually a better fit for this team then Aminu. He stretches the floor and handles the ball ok. Don’t get me wrong I’d love both but it all comes down to his mindset. He would come in and immediately fit the shooting guard role and is big enough to play the 3 most nights. Armaan keeps improving he can give us some of what Aminu does. I saying some because Aminu is special. I would think any kid coming in mid season would understand they would have to take a back seat role but this kid could certainly come in and give us offense. It’s all about his priorities and mindset. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

This year doesn't count against anyone's eligibility. So, he will have two full years left regardless of what he does this year.

3 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

If this kid shot like Chris Lofton the ENTIRE country would be after him.

The entire country doesn’t have a roster spot. Most loaded up this year because of Covid with the idea kids will miss multiple games likely because of quarantines. That said no he isn’t quite that prolific..but 3pt shooters have come a long way in the last 15 years.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

The entire country doesn’t have a roster spot. Most loaded up this year because of Covid with the idea kids will miss multiple games likely because of quarantines. That said no he isn’t quite that prolific..but 3pt shooters have come a long way in the last 15 years.

Do you know how many of the power 5 teams don’t have 13 scholarships filled? Whatever that number is would be the teams in on this kid IF he shoots like Chris Lofton. Kid was an elite shooter.

2 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Do you know how many of the power 5 teams don’t have 13 scholarships filled? Whatever that number is would be the teams in on this kid IF he shoots like Chris Lofton. Kid was an elite shooter.

I know who Chris Lofton was...it’s why I posted him as who he reminds me of. He isn’t quite that prolific but the kid can get up 3s with ease...and when he gets hot...he has offensive outburst like Lofton. He had tons of power 5 offers out of high school despite being lower ranked. Shooting is not this kids problem I promise you that. Lots of teams are interested in the kid he quickly narrowed his list down to mostly teams that had offered him before or had connections to the programs. He isn’t going to go somewhere he hasn’t already visited or made a connection with their staff before..that is why his list looks like it is.

Archived