Stanford Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

definitely happy to see how the guys came out/responded to yesterday... definitely a nice win.  we just have to realize it will be just like last year where we'll get excited when we win, but then we'll turn around and lose the next game.  we are average.  we don't have many out of conference cupcakes to pad our wins.  we are probably the 8th best team in the conference.  Lander's D is fine.  he looks too out of control on offense.  doesn't need to shoot much right now.  i expect him to improve exponentially throughout the year though.  TJD can be the man at times.  when he has played poorly he is still scoring like 17 and 14 pts and getting around 10 rebounds.  can't be too upset with that.  Race and Armaan are improving.  Hunter?  eh.  RP can be solid.  probably outperforming where he was ranked as an incoming freshman.  we're not bad.  we're not great.  gonna be an okay season.  

*We came out and stayed aggressive. Won 50/50 balls and played with intensity.  My only Christmas wish is for consistent effort by this team.

*TJD really brought it and needs to bring it every game.

*Our D gets better and better.

* 20-25 from the free throw line !!

* 0-2 from the three but otherwise a good game by Franklin

*Still looking for the elusive consistent 3 point threat. Rob has a good stroke and could be that guy. The end of last year provided me some hope that Hunter would step up but that has not happened so far.

* I learned much, much more than I ever wanted about Bruce Hornsby’s personal life.

1 minute ago, Hippopotamo said:

I think this season will be better than last but the record may not reflect that. Still really excited for the rest of the season

will be very similar, but less cupcakes to pad wins.  maybe more fun to watch, but up and down with wins and losses because we are the 8th best team in our conference.  

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Mmmmm, well, I'll say this...Neither Stanford nor Providence come close to Texas in playing defense. So, I think if we get a soft defensive team, we have a great shot.

Because even though Providence had a decent big nobody but Texas has had the size to guard Trayce. Texas length bothered us a lot. Game always comes down to knocking down shots. When the game got close in second half (4pts) we made several 3s and finished. Big win and a good performance from our starting 5.

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

will be very similar, but less cupcakes to pad wins.  maybe more fun to watch, but up and down with wins and losses because we are the 8th best team in our conference.  

7 better teams than IU in the big ten?

IU got skunked by a team that is top 10 worthy. 

1 minute ago, 68Hoosier said:

Well I hate that I didn't get to listen to the last part of the game (Dang work stuff gets in the way 🤬).  Sounds like we closed out better which is good to hear.  Really hope the Texas game was just an off day and the team learned from it.

Be interesting to see Texas vs UNC. Still wish we would have shown-up against a Texas but we may have played against a really good team.

41 minutes ago, Bustout said:

I honestly think it’s more about how good Texas is.  It was a bad matchup for IU.   Texas will lose to a team that is drilling from outside.  

if UNC doesn’t shoot well from perimeter, Texas will win today.    Texas looks top 10 - better than Illinois. 

Texas seemed to have nightmarish length like a certain Syracuse team that ruined our dreams about 7-8 years ago.  

That's a real good texas team that is going to jump in the rankings big time of they finish this off today.  

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Miller's first comment about Franklin. My man had 8 rebounds. Growing up getting up bigger older stronger.....think that's a hint? I've loved Armaan since high school. Really good kid and glad to see him getting some serious minutes.

His jumper from inside the arc is $$.  Just old school b-ball.  

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

Texas seemed to have nightmarish length lime a certain Syracuse team that ruined our dreams about 7-8 years ago.  

That's a real good texas team that is going to jump in the rankings big time of they finish this off today.  

Yes.  The way to beat them is hit 15 threes.  

Archived