Stanford Postgame Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

But what would happen if they played in the 1970s?

😁 I kid I kid! 
You keep posting rational, thought out posts I’m waiting for the good ol days posts. 😁

Well if you want one here it is.  I wish the players in college basketball could shoot like they did in the 80's and 90's LOL!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Not taking anything away from those saying Texas is top 10 but they didn’t look top 20 against Davidson who isn’t very good.  Texas has as much talent as anyone in the country, but for me it’s to early to get excited about any team yet.

In my mind, it's not whether Texas is a Top 10 team or not.  It's more that they are exactly the type of team that will give us problems.  They have length and athleticism that stymies our inside game.  We can compete against a Top 10 team that is not freakishly athletic like Texas was.

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In my mind, it's not whether Texas is a Top 10 team or not.  It's more that they are exactly the type of team that will give us problems.  They have length and athleticism that stymies our inside game.  We can compete against a Top 10 team that is not freakishly athletic like Texas was.

Have to rain 3s to beat Texas 

Good win much better effort but honestly Stanford is no Texas and they couldn’t stop TJD. Armaan playing 40...great effort and game on his part. Thought the offense looked good when Lander was running it. RP needs more shots. We need an outside threat...he’s got to step up and take more shots when he gets the chance. 

I’m really glad they bounced back. No issue with 2-1 in the tournament.  For me the problem I have is just consistency. It’s not the losses, it’s the way we lose. It’s the same things we’ve been seeing year after year...missing layups, free throw shooting, lack of outside shooting, etc. One game they look like a competitive group of guys that could hang with any team on any day then next game ie yesterday they play the worst brand of basketball ive seen in years. It’s head scratching and frustrating. 

Really I just want our team to give themselves a chance in every game. Kind of like IUFB did at OSU...did I expect a win...no but I was damn proud of that team for going in there and showing that we belong. That’s how I want to look at IUBB again. I just want to watch progress and see a program that is year in and year out a competitor that can compete and win against top programs and challenges for the B1G every year. 

34 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I think we’re better than OSU, Rutgers and Michigan right now. Might not finish ahead of them but I feel confident playing any of them. 

And we beat Iowa pretty handily last year. Garza is good, but Iowa is a soft defensive team. We can take them.

The only team in the B10 that plays defense like UT did against us is Michigan State. And we seem to have their number.

17 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

My one complaint so far — and it’s early so not making a big point of it - the overall lack of outside shooting so far I think is on CAM. The team is not being encouraged to push the deep game, imo. I’ve watched guys think about it and pull out of good looking outside looks. Hunter included. I think we’re working more on spacing, taking care of the balk, and some inside out than looking for open outside shots. I think part of the reasoning is avoiding fast breaks off missed threes. If you’re ragging on Hunter I think your focus is off. Hunter’s first game he looked great. He’s not being given the green light imo and we’ll lose games if we don’t open up more for our best shooters to shoot. We need Hunter more involved 

I commented in the game thread that it seems coach has beat it into the kids head to get the ball inside to Trayce. Today that is great Stanford was overmatched and it made sense but we need to learn to pass back out of the post and guys need to be ready to shoot on reversals. I especially liked we got the ball out to the corners today for those 3 pt looks. That shot is going to be there all year. We just need to keep evolving.

Just now, dgambill said:

I commented in the game thread that it seems coach has beat it into the kids head to get the ball inside to Trayce. Today that is great Stanford was overmatched and it made sense but we need to learn to pass back out of the post and guys need to be ready to shoot on reversals. I especially liked we got the ball out to the corners today for those 3 pt looks. That shot is going to be there all year. We just need to keep evolving.

Completely agree 

Here is an email that I just sent to ESPN and I know they won't care but had to write something.

I want to know who is in charge of hiring announcers for your college basketball games. As an IU fan I was appalled that during the game we had to listen to an interview with Bruce Hornsby. I have no idea why you keep putting Bill Walton on the air because he is just a joke. No wonder a lot of people have stopped watching you station because of the garbage you put on the air. We as fans want to watch sports and not a bunch of garbage we see on your air on a daily basi

Nice to see the W today. We had 3 players that drove the end result. I've mentioned before the need for consistency. For us to get to the next level, we need Rob, Al, Franklin to be consistent. Will Franklin hit double figures in his next game? Rob has to be more than a defensive menace. I feel TJD and Race , and eventually Brunk, will be pretty solid up front. You know the will bring effort and it looks like that will be our strength this year. Just need the backcourt to do their part. 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Here is an email that I just sent to ESPN and I know they won't care but had to write something.

I want to know who is in charge of hiring announcers for your college basketball games. As an IU fan I was appalled that during the game we had to listen to an interview with Bruce Hornsby. I have no idea why you keep putting Bill Walton on the air because he is just a joke. No wonder a lot of people have stopped watching you station because of the garbage you put on the air. We as fans want to watch sports and not a bunch of garbage we see on your air on a daily basi

Actually got a response and was told that they have had a lot of complaints.  He said he would send my complaints to send them to the broadcast team

36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Totally agree!! 

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

P.S. Mess with me and I'll come bust up your furniture!

55 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i think it's fair to say we could lose to or beat OSU, Rutgers, Mich.  we're not beating the others.  maybe 1 big upset.  i guess if that happens and we beat all of the others and don't slip anywhere, could be great!  seems like a stretch, but go Hoosiers!

Archie has had a fair amount of success v Izzo

Archived