Stanford Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

lol, yesterday we were on the verge of a complete collapse and today we're going to beat every team in the B1G easily since not one of them is as good as Texas.  God i love IU fans, lol

THIS IS WHAT I'M SAYING!  i don't even know what to say.  from what i'm gathering most on here think everyone else in the nation is crazy.  IU should be considered one of the top teams in the B1G which would also mean one of the top teams in the country.  i think some of you are headed for some heartbreak.  gonna be great if i'm wrong though!  i guess from what i have been reading on this board, i expect to beat everyone in the conference other than Wisconsin.  no one has told me why we'll beat them yet.  can someone go ahead and throw them in so i can expect to run the table in the conference?

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

THIS IS WHAT I'M SAYING!  i don't even know what to say.  from what i'm gathering most on here think everyone else in the nation is crazy.  IU should be considered one of the top teams in the B1G which would also mean one of the top teams in the country.  i think some of you are headed for some heartbreak.  gonna be great if i'm wrong though!  i guess from what i have been reading on this board, i expect to beat everyone in the conference other than Wisconsin.  no one has told me why we'll beat them yet.  can someone go ahead and throw them in so i can expect to run the table in the conference?

I actually don't recall anyone, literally not one person, saying that we were one of the top teams in the country/BIG. And if it has been said, its definitely been the vast minority. What people have been saying is that we can, if we play to our potential, compete with the top teams in the conference. I believe this to be true-there is no reason we can't-and still don't expect us to crack into the top 4 of the league when it's all said and done.

5 minutes ago, madmax said:

I actually don't recall anyone, literally not one person, saying that we were one of the top teams in the country/BIG. And if it has been said, its definitely been the vast minority. What people have been saying is that we can, if we play to our potential, compete with the top teams in the conference. I believe this to be true-there is no reason we can't-and still don't expect us to crack into the top 4 of the league when it's all said and done.

my point all along has been that last year we were picked around 7th in the conference and finished around there right?  people on here were outraged we were picked that low.  we definitely competed with and even beat some of the top teams in the country when we played at home.  however, we also lost to nearly everyone on the road.  in the end we finished a little above .500 with a good amount of cupcake wins.  people did the exact same thing.  went nuts about firing Archie every loss and argued we'd have a chance at the Final Four after a win.  i'm just sayin this year will likely be very similar.  wish IU bball could get to a better place than that, but it is what it is.  i'll be cheering them on regardless.  

12 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Just finished it on DVR.  

Just do that consistently and we’ll be fine. Please,, just be consistent. 

I didn’t read the game thread since I was watching on DVR. We’re folks screaming about the endless Bruce Hornsby ramble?  

Yes to please be consistent

Yes to the “please stfu” Hornsby ramble

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

my point all along has been that last year we were picked around 7th in the conference and finished around there right?  people on here were outraged we were picked that low.  we definitely competed with and even beat some of the top teams in the country when we played at home.  however, we also lost to nearly everyone on the road.  in the end we finished a little above .500 with a good amount of cupcake wins.  people did the exact same thing.  went nuts about firing Archie every loss and argued we'd have a chance at the Final Four after a win.  i'm just sayin this year will likely be very similar.  wish IU bball could get to a better place than that, but it is what it is.  i'll be cheering them on regardless.  

We were 20-12 overall and 9-10 in conference

18 minutes ago, madmax said:

Some people only see the negatives and base things on the past. That's fine and good way to be "right" more than wrong. But regardless if you're optimistic, "realistic", or negative, I think this year's team is one that everyone can and should get behind. In my mind, today's game shows something that past teams haven't; resiliency. They got their arses handed to them by a pretty good UT team, but came back today and beat a decent team. Let's allow this season to dry a bit before we decide to paint it another color. It's going to a be weird/wild season with COVID still raging. 

Just now, OGIUAndy said:

Some people only see the negatives and base things on the past. That's fine and good way to be "right" more than wrong. But regardless if you're optimistic, "realistic", or negative, I think this year's team is one that everyone can and should get behind. In my mind today's game shows something that past teams haven't; resiliency. They got their arses handed to them by a pretty good UT team, but came back today and beat a decent team. Let's let this season dry a bit before we decide to paint it another color. It's going to a be weird/wild season with COVID still raging. 

Yep, I'm with you. Another huge factor that hasn't been discussed too much(at least that I have seen) is how the lack of crowds will affect B1G games. Maybe some of those games that have felt unwinnable(At Wisconsin, MSU, etc.) might be more in reach. And conversely some games that we normally steal at Assembly Hall with a raucous crowd maybe don't go our way. It will be, if nothing else, interesting.

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We were 20-12 overall and 9-10 in conference

man.  i like this team more than last year's team, but hard for me to see them winning 20 games or 9 conference games.  again, i don't hope to be "right," and will definitely be supporting them.  sorry for not being Mr. Positive.  just my opinion.  

16 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

They finished tied for 10th with a record of 9-11.

might as well go ahead and fire you guys up even more... i just looked at the schedule and counted.  honestly, if i had to bet, i'd say 14-13 or 15-12.  again, i am not looking to be right.  i'm hoping to be wrong.  i do like this team more than last year's.  before you respond to tell me how crazy and awful i am, please take the time to look at the schedule and honestly count wins and losses and tell me what you think we'll be.    

Archived