TDH Article on What We Learned from Maui

IUFLA

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So good players have never missed a big free throw.  Have no idea why you thought he would be the second best player on the 

Yes of course, but I don't expect it from a 3rd yr player that was a highly touted prospect from INDIANA!  Thank you, you just lowered my expectations of this 4star highly touted player from Indiana.  I'm still waiting for these INSTATE recruits to take us to the promise land but them missing ft's in crunch time is okay.  I thought we were INDIANA?

4 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Yes of course, but I don't expect it from a 3rd yr player that was a highly touted prospect from INDIANA!  Thank you, you just lowered my expectations of this 4star highly touted player from Indiana.  I'm still waiting for these INSTATE recruits to take us to the promise land but them missing ft's in crunch time is okay.  I thought we were INDIANA?

Must be miserable to only look at negatives all the time

Just now, BornHoosier said:

The struggle is real but please show me more positives so I don't focus on the negatives!  Always been a straight shooter on what I see because anything else is just a dream!  Hope time will change my outlook

One thing this year has shown me is that an outcome of a game should not effect you.  I hate losing but I don't.let it bother me like when I was in my teens and 20's.

As for this game we went on the road against a top 20 team who has went 67-3 in their last 70 home games.  FSU now had tied an NCAA record by winning their 10th straight over time game. Also this game shows me some growth from last week Texas game.  Texas and FSU are very similar and we played much better than the Texas game

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

One thing this year has shown me is that an outcome of a game should not effect you.  I hate losing but I don't.let it bother me like when I was in my teens and 20's.

As for this game we went on the road against a top 20 team who has went 67-3 in their last 70 home games.  FSU now had tied an NCAA record by winning their 10th straight over time game. Also this game shows me some growth from last week Texas game.  Texas and FSU are very similar and we played much better than the Texas game

My frustration comes from a whole and not just one game.  I just expect more from some of the players on the team & that frustrates me to no end.  Yes,the TX game was as bad as it gets but I still see poor shooting to date and a lack of fire from some on the squad that should be doing more.  Its very early but lets not wait til season end to showcase our talent or we will once again miss the dance.  I agree, tonight was a step away from the ledge performance but had a chance to seal the game with FT's!  Ughhhhhhh

1 minute ago, BornHoosier said:

My frustration comes from a whole and not just one game.  I just expect more from some of the players on the team & that frustrates me to no end.  Yes,the TX game was as bad as it gets but I still see poor shooting to date and a lack of fire from some on the squad that should be doing more.  Its very early but lets not wait til season end to showcase our talent or we will once again miss the dance.  I agree, tonight was a step away from the ledge performance but had a chance to seal the game with FT's!  Ughhhhhhh

3 point shooting is bad but the overall percentage hasn't been bad.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

3 point shooting is bad but the overall percentage hasn't been bad.

TJD tonight called out some on this team, so my question to you is where can we improve to win these type of games?  I named ft & 3pt % but you say isn't as bad as I claim.  What is your honest thought the way you see it as I'm curious?  I'm trying to see it through others eyes

3 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

TJD tonight called out some on this team, so my question to you is where can we improve to win these type of games?  I named ft & 3pt % but you say isn't as bad as I claim.  What is your honest thought the way you see it as I'm curious?  I'm trying to see it through others eyes

I think it is time to let Hunter play the 3 instead of just backing up the 4.  He is one guy who is very good shooter.  He should be getting the minutes that Galloway is getting and when Brunk comes back it should be easier to do that.

I also think as the season goes on and we play more games together the players with become more comfortable.  I also think the freshman will eventually start playing better

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I think it is time to let Hunter play the 3 instead of just backing up the 4.  He is one guy who is very good shooter.  He should be getting the minutes that Galloway is getting and when Brunk comes back it should be easier to do that.

JH is a pure 3, is he playing the 4?  This is where I don't watch close enough to know the difference.  Either way, its clear he is not playing comfortable so far this yr and his game lacks drive

Archived