Florida State Pregame

IUFLA

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Andrew said:

FSU has only played 1 game and it was a gimme game. We have some games that have prepared us for this game. Also they got rid of a alot of their scoring. Iubb by 7. 

I do think one of the big things we have going for us is that we’ve had a few more games to work the kinks out than they have. Of course the flip side, there is more film out there of us to scout and prepare for than them. Should be an interesting game. 

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I do think one of the big things we have going for us is that we’ve had a few more games to work the kinks out than they have. Of course the flip side, there is more film out there of us to scout and prepare for than them. Should be an interesting game. 

Right, film is important. 

Also, we haven't fielded a full team yet and Brunk (imo) is likely to play, which will change the way we play, and as we haven't played a single game with him, that also can impact how well we'll play. Will be interesting to see how he is integrated.

We all do remember that Brunk was losing minutes quickly by the end of the season last year?  He really isn't B1G level talent.  I know he will probably get the start over Race, he kept starting last year, but he should be coming off the bench for about 10 minutes a game to give Race and TJD 5 minutes each throughout the game.

So i think as long as they don't try and start him out game plan should be similar to what we have been doing.

3 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Here is what head coach Leonard Hamilton had to say on Monday if you are interested.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/watch-florida-state-head-coach-leonard-hamilton-discusses-his-team-and-matchup-with-indiana/

I was just getting ready to post that...Thanks TDH...

Leonard Hamilton is a really good coach, and a good man...Very interesting comments, especially concerning TJD..."I don't know if I've ever had a player record 13 double-doubles in my career, and he (Trayce) did it as a freshman."

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

We all do remember that Brunk was losing minutes quickly by the end of the season last year?  He really isn't B1G level talent.  I know he will probably get the start over Race, he kept starting last year, but he should be coming off the bench for about 10 minutes a game to give Race and TJD 5 minutes each throughout the game.

So i think as long as they don't try and start him out game plan should be similar to what we have been doing.

Have to think he will come off the bench at this point. I thought it likely he would anyway, but as he is coming back from injury/back pain and hasn't played a single game, and as Race has clearly been performing very well, it seems extremely unlikely Brunk would suddenly just appear and start again over Race. Really unlikely imo. 

40 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

DVR is your friend mile....

I guess I could do that.  It is just not something I am into.  But I will think about it.... setting it up on one of my TV's .  Thanks for the suggestion

In the mean time.... best wishes to you and yours for staying safe during this pandemic. And thanks for being a member for as long as you have.

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Leonard Hamilton is a really good coach, and a good man...

Second that.  I don't say this lightly, but he's one opposing coach that has my unconditional respect. Hope it doesn't come at our expense, but that's one coach that deserves a FF before he hangs it up. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I guess I could do that.  It is just not something I am into.  But I will think about it.... setting it up on one of my TV's .  Thanks for the suggestion

In the mean time.... best wishes to you and yours for staying safe during this pandemic. And thanks for being a member for as long as you have.

Mile, my darling wife wears out our dvr recording all the Law & Order shows (uughhh).

11 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Mile, my darling wife wears out our dvr recording all the Law & Order shows (uughhh).

I use my DVR almost daily, and watch almost every IU game recorded on my DVR. So simple, you can skip all the commercials, and you don't have to choose between events you want/need to be at and the games. 

11 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Well.. send your "darling" wife my best wishes.  I  completely understand.  As Mrs. mile and I have completely different tastes when it comes to tv programs. The key to a happy marriage ?  Separate tv's  May your wife carry on.   And the both of you, stay safe during this pandemic. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I use my DVR almost daily, and watch almost every IU game recorded on my DVR. So simple, you can skip all the commercials, and you don't have to choose between events you want/need to be at and the games. 

I struggle doing this. I never want to know the outcome before watching. Yet, I flat do not have the will power to not check my phone for updates.

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Smarty pants.  LOL 

Love ya Gleas. And stay safe. Oh you might have mentioned.  And I might have missed or forgotten.  Did you find new employment ?

40 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I watch it live and record it too so when I come on here to gripe it had some legs to it. 😁

Just listened to Archie's radio show. He made a strong case that FSU will be the toughest game we've played yet. Their starting point guard is 6-9. They have a ton of length at all positions, and play a unique defense.

He didn't sound optimistic (IMO) at all.

We need to hit some 3's !!

2 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

I struggle doing this. I never want to know the outcome before watching. Yet, I flat do not have the will power to not check my phone for updates.

I'm pretty good at avoiding the scores. I went all 3 days of the Maui Classic avoiding the scores and watching the games after I got home from work.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Smarty pants.  LOL 

Love ya Gleas. And stay safe. Oh you might have mentioned.  And I might have missed or forgotten.  Did you find new employment ?

Thanks, Mile! I hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy as well. 

Thanks for asking, yes I started a new job in July. So basically with severance I just got a paid vacation for about a month in the summer :). I'm loving the new job and it's been a great fit. Really excited to help this company grow. 

Archived