Florida State Pregame

IUFLA

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/7/2020 at 9:44 PM, BGleas said:

I'm the opposite. It's easy for me to avoid it because I don't want anything to ruin watching the game. 

I did exactly this, even on December 10, 2011.

While I was in Lexington, of all places. 

Came home, wife and kid went to bed, and the dogs and I got to see the WatShot in all its glory. And you know you're celebrating a little too hard when the dogs look at you like "Ok, he's actually lost it this time....I hope he remembers to feed us in the morning."

14 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

well, i'm trying to keep all negative comments to myself, so trying to post less, but a couple things... do we know Al's status?  don' know if i missed that anywhere.  i saw the speculating about Brunk.  i am finally on the team of saying he clearly needs to come off the bench, but would be nice to have him in any time TJD is out.  also, i know many like to say they don't care if we're ranked or not, and i can't understand that, but to each their own... anyway, we are 29th in votes in AP.  with so many top 25 matchups this week, we'll definitely be ranked if we pull this one off.  i like seeing a number by INDIANA.  i don't have a prediction on this one, but i sure hope we come out ready to play!

NCHoosier32, regardless of where the so called professionals have us ranked (just see college FB rankings), I've always believed in what my own eyes see vs what the so called committee says!  IU FB is underrated and getting the shaft but on the flip note, IU BB has showed everything to not be ranked!  I have never seen a team so broke when it comes to FT %, FG % or for yrs in a row 3pt %.  We couldn't hit water if we were spotted the ocean and it's clear that if this IU team wants to compete they better get physical and win the paint.  With Illinois, Iowa, MSU and others showing dominance, I just don't see this IU team competing within the conference & struggling to get to the 20 wins that is needed for the dance.  4 things need to happen to change my mind.  (1) Rob P & Jerome H must become contributors on the stat sheet as this team is lacking playmakers and experience.  (2)  TJD needs to establish dominance game in and game out and avoid games he looks uninterested.  (3) AD & JB as SR's need to put this team on their shoulders and provide the SR leadership that all good teams lean on.  (4) With the lack of leadership of upperclassmen taking charge of this team it is a must that AF and one of the FR class members step up to help contribute to our success.  Time will tell for the success of this team but I feel we have the talent but question the HEART! 

8 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I did exactly this, even on December 10, 2011.

While I was in Lexington, of all places. 

Came home, wife and kid went to bed, and the dogs and I got to see the WatShot in all its glory. And you know you're celebrating a little too hard when the dogs look at you like "Ok, he's actually lost it this time....I hope he remembers to feed us in the morning."

Same story! At that time I had two babies and a 3rd on the way, so no way I was sitting down at noon on a Saturday for 2 hours to watch a basketball game. 

I avoided the score all day and didn't start the game until probably 8 or 8:30 that night. When Watford hit the shot I ran around the house screaming as quietly as I could. If I remember right, not one kid woke up during my celebration. 

38 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Same story! At that time I had two babies and a 3rd on the way, so no way I was sitting down at noon on a Saturday for 2 hours to watch a basketball game. 

I avoided the score all day and didn't start the game until probably 8 or 8:30 that night. When Watford hit the shot I ran around the house screaming as quietly as I could. If I remember right, not one kid woke up during my celebration. 

I was about to get married in a month and my in laws had come up from Florida for Christmas. I remember everyone waiting on me to finish the game so we could go out and eat...probably not a great impression...but by the end they all were jumping up and down and they are from Illinois lol.

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

I was at a Christmas party with some friend who are also big Iowa basketball fans.  So basketball was on the TV when i walked in with like 2 minutes left in the game.  We stood there and watched and when Wat hit that shot, the whole room erupted and we were all jumping around and it was glorious!!

12 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

NCHoosier32, regardless of where the so called professionals have us ranked (just see college FB rankings), I've always believed in what my own eyes see vs what the so called committee says!  IU FB is underrated and getting the shaft but on the flip note, IU BB has showed everything to not be ranked!  I have never seen a team so broke when it comes to FT %, FG % or for yrs in a row 3pt %.  We couldn't hit water if we were spotted the ocean and it's clear that if this IU team wants to compete they better get physical and win the paint.  With Illinois, Iowa, MSU and others showing dominance, I just don't see this IU team competing within the conference & struggling to get to the 20 wins that is needed for the dance.  4 things need to happen to change my mind.  (1) Rob P & Jerome H must become contributors on the stat sheet as this team is lacking playmakers and experience.  (2)  TJD needs to establish dominance game in and game out and avoid games he looks uninterested.  (3) AD & JB as SR's need to put this team on their shoulders and provide the SR leadership that all good teams lean on.  (4) With the lack of leadership of upperclassmen taking charge of this team it is a must that AF and one of the FR class members step up to help contribute to our success.  Time will tell for the success of this team but I feel we have the talent but question the HEART! 

So far this season the team is shooting 68% from the FT line. Not great but not in the range of never seen before unless you just started watching this year and only saw IU.

For comparison, their opponents have shot a blistering... 68%. 72% (Edit: 68% for opponents was last season and this current value might regress to about that, not that IU has any control over that.)

IU is shooting 52% from the floor. That is actually pretty good and far, far from historically bad as you state.

While IU shoots poorly from 3 (29%) they're holding their opponents to an even worse percentage at 23%.

So your statement comes off as hyperbolic and I have a hard time taking you seriously.

11 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

thank you my man.  you are about to bring all of the heat on yourself from the guys who think you should never say anything negative or you're not a real fan.  i have decided to mainly keep my mouth shut unless i'm agreeing with someone.  BTW - i don't think IU football is underrated though.  good?  absolutely for sure.  better than #8?  nah.

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

Now thats a good dad right there!

22 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

thank you my man.  you are about to bring all of the heat on yourself from the guys who think you should never say anything negative or you're not a real fan.  i have decided to mainly keep my mouth shut unless i'm agreeing with someone.  BTW - i don't think IU football is underrated though.  good?  absolutely for sure.  better than #8?  nah.

Although this is the wrong board, but where are you getting your ranking from? The AP? That poll doesn’t matter anymore. They are ranked 12th in on the college football playoff ranking. That is the one that matters. 

46 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Although this is the wrong board, but where are you getting your ranking from? The AP? That poll doesn’t matter anymore. They are ranked 12th in on the college football playoff ranking. That is the one that matters. 

yeah.  definitely don't want to bring IU football on this board, as i do not follow them, but i suppose you can debate whether they are #8 or #12 or somewhere in between, but i think the polls have them about right.  maybe in the middle?  #10 maybe?

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

I was about to get married in a month and my in laws had come up from Florida for Christmas. I remember everyone waiting on me to finish the game so we could go out and eat...probably not a great impression...but by the end they all were jumping up and down and they are from Illinois lol.

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I was at a Christmas party with some friend who are also big Iowa basketball fans.  So basketball was on the TV when i walked in with like 2 minutes left in the game.  We stood there and watched and when Wat hit that shot, the whole room erupted and we were all jumping around and it was glorious!!

So nice to see that pUKe hate is universal...

I just want to say i love this forum in general. Twitter and thehoosier.com free forum never have anything positive to say. Like at all. Weve only lost to texas thus far. Are there things we need to clean up? Yes. But so does every team. I think Iubb has the athletes to be a good team. We can compete tonight. Im hoping its going to be a great game like im expecting. Optimistically hoosiers by 4. Go hoosiers!!

Archived