Florida State Pregame

IUFLA

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I just want to say i love this forum in general. Twitter and thehoosier.com free forum never have anything positive to say. Like at all. Weve only lost to texas thus far. Are there things we need to clean up? Yes. But so does every team. I think Iubb has the athletes to be a good team. We can compete tonight. Im hoping its going to be a great game like im expecting. Optimistically hoosiers by 4. Go hoosiers!!

Thanks for your positive words about Hoosier Sports Nation, and our beloved Hoosiers.  May GOD bless you and yours.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Don't know why, but I have a positive feeling about this game. Hoping to see continued development from Armaan Franklin. Really liking what I am seeing from him the last couple of games, even if it isn't necessarily flashy.

Hope you are right. Its a tough challenge for sure.

12 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

So far this season the team is shooting 68% from the FT line. Not great but not in the range of never seen before unless you just started watching this year and only saw IU.

For comparison, their opponents have shot a blistering... 68%. 72% (Edit: 68% for opponents was last season and this current value might regress to about that, not that IU has any control over that.)

IU is shooting 52% from the floor. That is actually pretty good and far, far from historically bad as you state.

While IU shoots poorly from 3 (29%) they're holding their opponents to an even worse percentage at 23%.

So your statement comes off as hyperbolic and I have a hard time taking you seriously.

68% from the charity stripe just further supports my case that this team is broke when it comes to shooting!  This is Div1 college hoops for pete sakes & a give me should be just that but CAM just doesn't coach it.  

7 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

68% from the charity stripe just further supports my case that this team is broke when it comes to shooting!  This is Div1 college hoops for pete sakes & a give me should be just that but CAM just doesn't coach it.  

How do you explain that IU's opponents shot only 68% last year? After the FSU game, IU will probably be shooting right around the same rate as their opponents this season. This isn't something that's isolated to IU.

9 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

IU best team ever in 76 shot 67 percent.  Also they do work.on it hard everyday and to think they don't is just son silly.

14 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Just looked at tonight's stats from the line.

IU 21-28. 75 percent

FSU 11-21 53 percent

3 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

I apologize as I find 68% as broke but guess that is the avg considering most big men shoot them!  

Not saying it is great but it is not horrible either.  Someone said there is no excuse not to shoot 75 percent from line.  I looked up the stats for IU and only 6 IU teams had hit that well in the last 45 years.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not saying it is great but it is not horrible either.  Someone said there is no excuse not to shoot 75 percent from line.  I looked up the stats for IU and only 6 IU teams had hit that well in the last 45 years.

When I watch the better teams play, they always hit their ft's when the game is on the line & im blown away by your stats BTW!  It pains me to see guards miss ft's as they are supposed to be shooters.

Archived