Florida State Pregame

IUFLA

11 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

When I watch the better teams play, they always hit their ft's when the game is on the line & im blown away by your stats BTW!  It pains me to see guards miss ft's as they are supposed to be shooters.

Just looked at the free throw percentages for college basketball.  There are 145 teams shooting better than 70 percent and there are like 350 DI teams.  Also of the top 100 free throw shooting teams only 5 are ranked teams in the last poll.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just looked at the free throw percentages for college basketball.  There are 145 teams shooting better than 70 percent and there are like 350 DI teams.  Also of the top 100 free throw shooting teams only 5 are ranked teams in the last poll.

You got me on ft%, shall we move to 3pt% or do you concede?  Checkmate 

3 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

My God if that is the case I'm purely disgusted of the lack of shooters in today's game as we are B R O K E

Just looked and only 38 teams shoot better than 39 percent from 3.  The 100th best 3 point shooting team in college basketball is shooting 35 percent

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just looked and only 38 teams shoot better than 39 percent from 3.  The 100th best 3 point shooting team in college basketball is shooting 35 percent

I would take 35% as a team right freaking now as it feels like we're shooting 19%.  Please don't do research and show me were at 35

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

30 percent.  Going into the game the veterans was shooting 38 percent but the freshman was 3-22

I'm still shocked at 30% but maybe its because of the 3-22 that has left a bad taste in my eyes!  3-22 from kids that grew up in INDIANA is disgusting to say the least as I expected better!  

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

30 percent.  Going into the game the veterans was shooting 38 percent but the freshman was 3-22

Are we all putting too much stock in landing kids from INDIANA?  I totally believed in locking down the STATE but when will see the results?  So far I'm disappointed in our FR class as they were highly touted.  All I want is players who can shoot and not look broke.  

1 minute ago, BornHoosier said:

Are we all putting too much stock in landing kids from INDIANA?  I totally believed in locking down the STATE but when will see the results?  So far I'm disappointed in our FR class as they were highly touted.  All I want is players who can shoot and not look broke.  

Well the best of the freshman should be a senior in highschool.  Anyone who expected for him to just come in here and be great right away had unrealistic expectations.  The other 3 I expected very little this year but see them being contributors in a year.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Well the best of the freshman should be a senior in highschool.  Anyone who expected for him to just come in here and be great right away had unrealistic expectations.  The other 3 I expected very little this year but see them being contributors in a year.

Also I showed you the 3 point percentage of college basketball so it is just not an Indiana thing. No just think you just overreact after every game instead of letting the season au out.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Is CAM taking a page out of Villanova and started recruiting 4yr kids?  If so, i can see this FR class making a diff in 2-3 yrs.  It would be nice for them to take a 2nd yr leap but still waiting for AF to show improvement.  Not being a Debbie downer on this class just expected more!  I see them as great 4yr college players and that is a relief that none will be testing the waters anytime soon!

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also I showed you the 3 point percentage of college basketball so it is just not an Indiana thing. No just think you just overreact after every game instead of letting the season au out.

Not an overreaction at all, just some of this fan base is okay with avg or mediocrity which I will never accept!  This is Indiana IU Scott and with 3 open scholarships, why didn't we nab a grad transfer sharp shooter with 1 yr of eligibility?  I do overreact because this is Indiana and I if we want to get back to dominance, we must address our weaknesses and not accept them as the norm!  

5 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Is CAM taking a page out of Villanova and started recruiting 4yr kids?  If so, i can see this FR class making a diff in 2-3 yrs.  It would be nice for them to take a 2nd yr leap but still waiting for AF to show improvement.  Not being a Debbie downer on this class just expected more!  I see them as great 4yr college players and that is a relief

I hope that is his plan because I want to him to build IU like a Villanova and UVA.  They get some very good players and have them leave early but they don't build their program like UK and Duke. By the way UK and Duke are both 1-3

2 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Not an overreaction at all, just some of this fan base is okay with avg or mediocrity which I will never accept!  This is Indiana IU Scott and with 3 open scholarships, why didn't we nab a grad transfer sharp shooter with 1 yr of eligibility?  I do overreact because this is Indiana and I if we want to get back to dominance, we must address our weaknesses and not accept them as the norm!  

I know IU basketball and all of its glory and have been a fan for 50 years.  What happened 25 years is not what is happening in today's college basketball. Even when RMK was here we were not always a championship caliber team every year but he build it up every 4 years.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I hope that is his plan because I want to him to build IU like a Villanova and UVA.  They get some very good players and have them leave early but they don't build their program like UK and Duke. By the way UK and Duke are both 1-3

Build the program with 4yr players and win the occasional 5 star prize is the secret formula!  Just stinks we have landed a couple of prizes w/o the foundation set!  Lets set the foundation so when these prizes come avail we are top 5

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know IU basketball and all of its glory and have been a fan for 50 years.  What happened 25 years is not what is happening in today's college basketball. Even when RMK was here we were not always a championship caliber team every year but he build it up every 4 years.

TRUE buts its time CAM finally builds it up period!  NO March Madness in Btown has to end soon

I just looked at a NBA mock draft that was put out today.  I just am amazed at who they in the first round and high picks. Two of them are freshman who we have played this week and didn't do much. I was looking to see where the have TJD and had him picked 29th I'm the draft.  Also had UI Ayo at 19th and Garza at 32.  There were 3 UK freshman above all of them and 2 Duke freshman.  It is ridiculous that the NBA rather draft on potential over proven players

5 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Not talking about a squeak in, I'm talking about a 1 seed

How many times did RMK have us as a 1 seed.  Remember they didn't start having 64 teams until 86 when they started worrying about 1 seeds.  Also you said make the tournament and nothing about a 1 seed.  So you thought Archie by year 3 would have us in contention for a.championship.

Just now, IU Scott said:

How many times did RMK have us as a 1 seed.  Remember they didn't start having 64 teams until 86 when they started worrying about 1 seeds.

RMK got us 2 NC's so not comparable!  CTC actually got us a 1 seed but they failed to advance past sweet 16.  Forget about 1 seed and lets just concentrate on making the dance for now! I apologize for being such a pessimist just got to show me were a capable program 

2 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

RMK got us 2 NC's so not comparable!  CTC actually got us a 1 seed but they failed to advance past sweet 16.  Forget about 1 seed and lets just concentrate on making the dance for now! I apologize for being such a pessimist just got to show me were a capable program 

Why do you keep changing the goal post. First make the tournament then about a 1 seed and now about just making it SMH

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Why do you keep changing the goal post. First make the tournament then about a 1 seed and now about just making it SMH

LOL, I'm all over the place because we keep bringing past success into conversations!  My bad, lets keep the goal post where it is and that's on a football field but as far as a 10' rim, let's concentrate on getting the ball through the iron!  We both love our Hoosiers and both cant wait for a return to dominance!  Your optimistic, im pessimistic but both tread towards one goal and that is to hang #6!

On 12/10/2020 at 12:53 AM, BornHoosier said:

LOL, I'm all over the place because we keep bringing past success into conversations!  My bad, lets keep the goal post where it is and that's on a football field but as far as a 10' rim, let's concentrate on getting the ball through the iron!  We both love our Hoosiers and both cant wait for a return to dominance!  Your optimistic, im pessimistic but both tread towards one goal and that is to hang #6!

tumblr_maxqdyJzPN1qf12z1o1_250.gifv

tumblr_maxqdyJzPN1qf12z1o2_250.gifv

tumblr_maxqdyJzPN1qf12z1o3_250.gifv

Never get into a forum argument with IUScott

Archived