Wisconsin Postgame Thread

KDB

Just now, 5fouls said:

Or, we got lucky.  OSU's first missed game was not their fault, if I recall correctly.  

I just think a 7-1 team deserves it over a 5-0 team.  Also with rule saying you have to play 6 games to get into the championship game they should honor that rule.  Do you think a 5- 0 IU team would get the benefit of the doubt and have the rule changed

Just now, IU Scott said:

I just think a 7-1 team deserves it over a 5-0 team.  Also with rule saying you have to play 6 games to get into the championship game they should honor that rule.  Do you think a 5- 0 IU team would get the benefit of the doubt and have the rule changed

If one of those wins was OSU, yes, I do. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I believe Maryland cancelled on them, not vice versa. 

Correct.  And, if they don't play next week, it will be Michigan cancelling.  The whole Covid thing is a mess, but you can't blame BOTH teams when a game gets cancelled.  If IU was scheduled to play Maryland when OSU was, then we would have the cancellation, not them.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You can't be serious when the 7-1 team lost the head to head, especially when 2 of the 5-0 team's cancellations are not their fault.  You've got some super duper homer glasses on tonight Scott.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

If one of those wins was OSU, yes, I do. 

No way the big ten would bend the rules get IU into the big ten championship.  The reason they are doing it for OSU would be to help them get into the college playoffs. A 5-0 IU would not be considered for the playoffs do the big ten wouldn't care.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Correct.  And, if they don't play next week, it will be Michigan cancelling.  The whole Covid thing is a mess, but you can't blame BOTH teams when a game gets cancelled.  If IU was scheduled to play Maryland when OSU was, then we would have the cancellation, not them.  

The thing is the rule says you have to play 6 games so don't change that with a week to go in the season

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

You can't be serious when the 7-1 team lost the head to head, especially when 2 of the 5-0 team's cancellations are not their fault.  You've got some super duper homer glasses on tonight Scott.  

I think you should go with the rule that you out in place before the season began.  Do not change it a week before the season ended.  If IU was 5-0 and a win against OSU they would not bend over backwards to let IU play in the big ten championship.  They would still allow the 7-1 OSU play because they would still have a chance for the playoffs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Boys, why haggle about such things??  Let's enjoy a great win by a great Hoosier team having a magical season!!   😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think you should go with the rule that you out in place before the season began.  Do not change it a week before the season ended.  If IU was 5-0 and a win against OSU they would not bend over backwards to let IU play in the big ten championship.  They would still allow the 7-1 OSU play because they would still have a chance for the playoffs

And they haven't bent over backwards for OSU....yet.  And they may not, and may not need to.  Let's just wait and see what happens.