Bucket Game

4 minutes ago, madmax said:

Here's what I forsee:

BIG gets rid of the minimum game requirement. IU plays Purdue is delayed one week and they are our crossover game. Honestly, I'm disappointed because its one less game with a really fun team, but in all reality a bye week couldn't hurt at this point/we still get the chance to destroy Purdue/Play in a NY6 bowl.

I’d go for that. A backdoor big ten champ would be great, but we lost to osu. It wouldn’t even be right. But under no circumstance do I think we should play osu again. It only helps osu and hurts the rest of the conference. And northwestern only has 1 loss and they get nothing?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

There has been talk on our side that there might be issues with both of our teams re covid. FWIW

Covid hits everyone. I think both teams are doing everything they can to stop the spread and stay healthy. Nobody thinks Purdue is ducking us. It’s not Purdue’s “fault” besides they had people test positive. So has every other school at some point including IU I’m sure. Just sucks with conference implications and miss a rivalry game if so. 

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Covid hits everyone. I think both teams are doing everything they can to stop the spread and stay healthy. Nobody thinks Purdue is ducking us. It’s not Purdue’s “fault” besides they had people test positive. So has every other school at some point including IU I’m sure. Just sucks with conference implications and miss a rivalry game if so. 

I think Purdue is ducking us.

They have almost nothing to gain and a lot to lose by playing us this weekend.

1 minute ago, GrangerHoosier said:

I think Purdue is ducking us.

They have almost nothing to gain and a lot to lose by playing us this weekend.

We don’t have a lot to lose. Our season is already in the crapper. Only thing left is bragging rights in a rivalry game. I’d argue you guys have more to lose than we do. 

If Indiana is dealing with COVID, it's clearly not something that is worrying since we're still holding practices. I have heard there's been a few kids who have had COVID throughout the season but they were confident it's contained, I wonder if Purdue is referring to situations like that where a few IU players picked up COVID but we're confident the spread is either contained or non-existent, while Purdue isn't. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Hearing if the game is canceled this weekend, it would be an IU vs OSU rematch in Bloomington 

I don't see the B1G doing that. No upside. Won't help OSU to beat IU twice. If IU wins, it will knock OSU out of top 4, but IU won't replace them. I just see them waiving the 6 game requirement instead, if necessary.

Archived