North Alabama Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'd beg to differ.  Armaan was a good shooter from distance in high school. Kid is barely a quarter of the way through his college career. Let's not write him off just yet. 

If you start with the ND game last year (an admittedly arbitrary point largely picked because it suits my narrative) which was his first good shooting game as a collegian, he went 13-37 to close the year, so 35%. That was entirely against Big 10 plus ND and AK, so good competition. That seems to gel with how he looks shooting the ball, so it's my guess as to what we will see the rest of the year.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

According to Sam Story, Brunk may not play for the season

I saw that. He also said the Butler game may be a no go. I’ve been concerned about that happening with all the games Butler has canceled.  

If that does happen I hope we add another game on that Saturday. It’s fine with me if it’s IUPUI or someone like that. Use it as one more chance to fine tune things and get Lander more minutes before the B1G season starts.  

18 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I saw that. He also said the Butler game may be a no go. I’ve been concerned about that happening with all the games Butler has canceled.  

If that does happen I hope we add another game on that Saturday. It’s fine with me if it’s IUPUI or someone like that. Use it as one more chance to fine tune things and get Lander more minutes before the B1G season starts.  

Yeah we’re definitely in a position to get some easier replacement games just in case games get cancelled. Our schedule has been brutally difficult so far. 

19 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

What is going on with Butler because they have been out for awhile

53 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

That sucks if true, both for him and the team 

Ugh, stinks all the way around. Feel terrible for Brunk, and will be really difficult for IU to navigate the Big Ten with just two bigs on the entire roster. 

If this is true, I'd love to see Archie really embrace some small ball and alter to a much quicker, faster pace style. 

This is a situation that requires a coach to alter things to adjust to his roster, not force a square peg into a round hole. 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Ugh, stinks all the way around. Feel terrible for Brunk, and will be really difficult for IU to navigate the Big Ten with just two bigs on the entire roster. 

If this is true, I'd love to see Archie really embrace some small ball and alter to a much quicker, faster pace style. 

This is a situation that requires a coach to alter things to adjust to his roster, not force a square peg into a round hole. 

I was hoping when Brunk came back he would give Galloway's minutes to Hunter so he can play the wing.

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Has to get Jerome involved for sure. Jordan will even get some run at the 4 too likely.

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

You would think. Though it is challenging to pull off small ball when your guards can't shoot. 

If you can’t shoot and are small...that is just a good way to get your butt whipped. I’ve seen enough guys driving and not finishing at the rim and giving up offensive rebounds.

23 minutes ago, BGleas said:

agree.  i want to see the most talent we can have on the floor as much as possible and not worry much about who plays what position.  kinda the one thing about me that doesn't fit with "old school."

1 hour ago, DWB said:

For those of you who would rather listen to Fisch call the game, WHCC is almost "Sync'd" with the TV broadcast from the start. The FSU game was only off about 5 seconds. 

Whereas Tune-in is off by about 2 minutes.

Just FYI

Thanks for the info. They don't get any better than Fisch.

18 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Hopefully we get some news on this later today. This team needs reps. Reps on court, reps on shooting...and taking 10 days off before Northwestern wouldn't be ideal. Shoot I wouldn't mind if we brought some of the local teams in say Wed/Sunday of this week. We need wins and games. 

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hopefully we get some news on this later today. This team needs reps. Reps on court, reps on shooting...and taking 10 days off before Northwestern wouldn't be ideal. Shoot I wouldn't mind if we brought some of the local teams in say Wed/Sunday of this week. We need wins and games. 

We have our max 27 games scheduled so we can’t add anyone unless a game gets cancelled. I agree with your point though and I wish we could. 

4 hours ago, DWB said:

For those of you who would rather listen to Fisch call the game, WHCC is almost "Sync'd" with the TV broadcast from the start. The FSU game was only off about 5 seconds. 

Whereas Tune-in is off by about 2 minutes.

Just FYI

Here's my setup. I watch the game on my Roku through the Fox Sports App (FSN or BTN) or the ESPN app. I listen to Fisch though https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule. Click on the "Listen" link on the game. This stream is about 10-15 seconds ahead of the game, but you can pause it so it's synced.  

1 hour ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Here's my setup. I watch the game on my Roku through the Fox Sports App (FSN or BTN) or the ESPN app. I listen to Fisch though https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule. Click on the "Listen" link on the game. This stream is about 10-15 seconds ahead of the game, but you can pause it so it's synced.  

Yep.  Hulu Live TV on Roku is always on a delay.. Good info.

Archived