Annoying Aging and Health Issues

4 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Ha, I was a Copsman in the Navy and had to go onto a submarine one time - to take a sailor off who we were admitting to the psych ward. I recall thinking, “I could never live on one of these!” 

Now, I have “Yellow Submarine” in my head…

It's a catchy tune... 

• 2 months later...

This past Saturday was a beautiful day and I had the sliding doors open to enjoy the weather. A little hummingbird flies in.  We have vaulted ceilings in the house and the bird flies to the top. Great. My lady grabs a broom and is trying to gently coerce the bird down and out the doors, but she can't reach... she's having a hard time.

Seeing her on her tiptoes on a chair -- and not wanting her to fall and break her neck -- I decided to help out. I walk over and grab her by the waist to lift for more height and, POP!

My back. Down like a sack of hammers.

THREE HOURS on the floor. Couldn't get up. (Luckily I could move all my extremities.) So much pain. I felt absolutely helpless.

I can walk now, but it's still bordering on severe discomfort and mild pain.

Remember kids, lift with your legs, not your back!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Whips it's butt!

Thanks! It has been probably about moderate case so far. It came on slowly Wednesday at work with scratchy/irritated throat that turned into cough. By the time of my kids little league games I was feeling wretched. Went home took hot shower and crashed after taking some Tylenol. Next day I was going to attempt to go to work when wife made me take Covid test and it was instantly positive. Well, I lasted over two years before it got me!!

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

AHHHHH DO you know who made your Panc Stents?

The Panc AINT nothin to be jackin with. It get very irritable very quickly.

I have not inquired as to who made the stents.  I have been diagnosed with acute chronic pancreatitis.  Been dealing with it for 5 years now.  

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, rico said:

I have not inquired as to who made the stents.  I have been diagnosed with acute chronic pancreatitis.  Been dealing with it for 5 years now.  

I.m going to assume that they are either Cook's, of witch my equipment helped build, or They are Boston scientific , which I personally was on the team that developed that product as well was the manufacturing process to build them.

Tricky little bastages ! And much harder to get placed without a zero tolerance for irritation. I am super happy that they are bringing relief.

Got those Soy beans planted yet? last year was corn, right? Gotta keep that rotation going!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I.m going to assume that they are either Cook's, of witch my equipment helped build, or They are Boston scientific , which I personally was on the team that developed that product as well was the manufacturing process to build them.

Tricky little bastages ! And much harder to get placed without a zero tolerance for irritation. I am super happy that they are bringing relief.

Got those Soy beans planted yet? last year was corn, right? Gotta keep that rotation going!

I will ask at my next appointment.

Honestly I have been going in about every 2 months to get them replaced.  But they also clean out stones.

And no.  Got 15 acres of beans to go.  Planter broke down yesterday as we were finishing up.  

• Like 1