It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

They made it very public and embarrassing offer to Cal.

I would call him one of the top three biggest names in college basketball.  They just didn't bring the checkbook with them. 

They went BIG game hunting and forgot the gun.  They did all the work and was public about it, but should have know what his number was before doing so

Just now, rico said:

So, you are saying we need to go after Mark Few?

I think we should make a list of guys who aren't coming here and guys we absolutely don't want or know the admin won't go after anyways.  

I'll start.  

Aren't coming, FEW, K, Roy, Self, maybe 1 or 2 more that I'm missing.  People can argue til they are blue in the face that Bennett or Wright wouldn't come but has anyone offered the 10 mil and a true blueblood?

Don't want.  Alford.

Then the won't happens.  Pitino, Sampson, Pearl.  

If @HoosierFaithful and the guys could program the site to block all mentions of these coaches that would be great.  

23 minutes ago, rico said:

With all this about Archie, let's give credit where credit is due...

Purdue is a well coached team.  Tip of the cap to CMP.

You know what Painter has figured out.  It's not the size of the guard it's the size of the fight in the guard.  And, and he doesn't care about size if they can shoot. And, and he recruits monsters to clog the paint.  It's really a brilliant strategy.  

10 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I think we should make a list of guys who aren't coming here and guys we absolutely don't want or know the admin won't go after anyways.  

I'll start.  

Aren't coming, FEW, K, Roy, Self, maybe 1 or 2 more that I'm missing.  People can argue til they are blue in the face that Bennett or Wright wouldn't come but has anyone offered the 10 mil and a true blueblood?

Don't want.  Alford.

Then the won't happens.  Pitino, Sampson, Pearl.  

If @HoosierFaithful and the guys could program the site to block all mentions of these coaches that would be great.  

We went after Bennett and couldn't get him.

12 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Well sure.  Someone said Stevens isn't coming for 15 million.  This program brings in last I saw 40 mil annually. Do you invest in the wealth of your program to get wealth back?

Also, do you look like UCLA in the process and get embarrassed?

6 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

They made it very public and embarrassing offer to Cal.

I would call him one of the top three biggest names in college basketball.  They just didn't bring the checkbook with them. 

This article is very enlightening about the UCLA search. They got lucky. Cronin was way down the list. They are now 6-0 in the Pac12 in his second year.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-mick-cronin-coaching-search-20190429-story.html

IU is just snake bit when it comes to hiring basketball coaches, some self-inflicted, some not.

My fear is that IU's next coach will be Alford. It would be the safe pick for a new, inexperienced AD.

As far as a rising name, I'd keep an eye on Nate Oats at AL.

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This article is very enlightening about the UCLA search. They got lucky. Cronin was way down the list. They are now 6-0 in the Pac12 in his second year.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-mick-cronin-coaching-search-20190429-story.html

IU is just snake bit when it comes to hiring basketball coaches, some self-inflicted, some not.

My fear is that IU's next coach will be Alford. It would be the safe pick for a new, inexperienced AD.

I like Oats.  

I will literally quit with Alford.  Probably would start cheering for my high school friends son when he gets to Purdue next year.  

Cronin might not be the prettiest looking coach but he can flat out coach some ball.  They lucked out.  He would coach the pants off of Cal.  

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Yeah we had 3 good choices last time of the realistic candidates in Holtmann, Mack, and Archie.  We simply chose the wrong one.

I would say Indiana's next coach needs to come from this list:

Top 27 College Basketball Coaches

27.  Rick Barnes

26. Frank Martin

25. Bruce Weber

24. Lon Kruger

23. Mark Turgeon

22. Kelvin Sampson

21. Chris Mack

20. Steve Prohm

19. Jim Boheim

18. Will Wade

17. Greg Gard

16. Leonard Hamilton

15. Porter Moser

14. Eric Musselman

13. Bruce Pearl

12. Coach K

11. Sean Miller

10. Chris Beard

9.  Matt Painter

8.  Tom Izzo

7. John Calipari

6. Tony Bennett

5.  Dana Altman

4. Mark Few

3. Bill Self

2. Roy Williams

1. Jay Wright

7 minutes ago, HoosierAlice said:

27.  Rick Barnes

26. Frank Martin

25. Bruce Weber

24. Lon Kruger

23. Mark Turgeon

22. Kelvin Sampson

21. Chris Mack

20. Steve Prohm

19. Jim Boheim

18. Will Wade

17. Greg Gard

16. Leonard Hamilton

15. Porter Moser

14. Eric Musselman

13. Bruce Pearl

12. Coach K

11. Sean Miller

10. Chris Beard

9.  Matt Painter

8.  Tom Izzo

7. John Calipari

6. Tony Bennett

5.  Dana Altman

4. Mark Few

3. Bill Self

2. Roy Williams

1. Jay Wright

boo sheet.jpg

53 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Appreciate the effort. I mean, those are very, very similar shot charts, outside of us taking more midrange jumpers, and from what I saw, we were getting similar looks as Purdue with respect to open looks and whatnot, we just didn't make them as frequently. You can certainly still blame the coaching for that, but I think that's a problem that can still be corrected. I also agree that we've been seeing the same problem from day 1, though.

I do too, but we're in the minority here, I'm afraid...

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I do too, but we're in the minority here, I'm afraid...

In 4 years we have yet to have 1 guy that can consistently for the course of 1 year knock down shots. We are to assume its the players fault. Seems to unlikely to me. There is something going on. Just about anyone can become a decent shooter, are they not putting in enough time, or not shooting at game speed, or scared or lacked of confidence or just bad shooters that our coach asked to come to Indiana University. To me it just seems like   in the history of basketball every team has a couple of guys that when they release you just feel its going in except IU. I think there is plenty of blame to go around.  

I wolud rather CAM bring in shooters and try to teach them defense etc.. than to bring in guys the "fit" and teach them to shoot obviously that is not his strength. I would be fine if he brought in hard nosed kids that left it all on the court and struggle shooting but unfortunately we are bad at both

24 minutes ago, HoosierAlice said:

27.  Rick Barnes

26. Frank Martin

25. Bruce Weber

24. Lon Kruger

23. Mark Turgeon

22. Kelvin Sampson

21. Chris Mack

20. Steve Prohm

19. Jim Boheim

18. Will Wade

17. Greg Gard

16. Leonard Hamilton

15. Porter Moser

14. Eric Musselman

13. Bruce Pearl

12. Coach K

11. Sean Miller

10. Chris Beard

9.  Matt Painter

8.  Tom Izzo

7. John Calipari

6. Tony Bennett

5.  Dana Altman

4. Mark Few

3. Bill Self

2. Roy Williams

1. Jay Wright

What is the criteria of this ranking? I mean, we all agree that Dana Altman is better than Coach K, but other spots may get questioned by people.

Archived