Recruiting Outlook

26 minutes ago, CampHoosier said:

None of those guys eclipse 6'8" though....

A couple height inches doesn’t matter. Are they athletic, strong, move their feet? I’ll take a 6’8 athletic kid with basketball talent down low, willing to block out, over a 6’10 unathletic kid that struggles to understand or is unwilling every time. 

Teach positioning and instill relentless pursuit of the ball from the moment they step on campus and it won’t matter what their height is. 

35 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

A couple height inches doesn’t matter. Are they athletic, strong, move their feet? I’ll take a 6’8 athletic kid with basketball talent down low, willing to block out, over a 6’10 unathletic kid that struggles to understand or is unwilling every time. 

Teach positioning and instill relentless pursuit of the ball from the moment they step on campus and it won’t matter what their height is. 

So, hypothetically, if the tallest guy on your roster is Nigel Hayes you're putting him on the block and banging down low?

1 hour ago, CampHoosier said:

None of those guys eclipse 6'8" though....

Davis and Moore are both 6’10, and there have been reports that Forrester is also 6’10 now.  Add in Juwan, Thompson, and Smith, who are all between 6’7 and 6’8 and can play in the post, and that’s more than enough depth down low.

1 hour ago, cohete15 said:

Exactly, I'd take a Reggie Evans over a Todd Lindeman any day of the week.

Archived