Pack Line Question

Bustout

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I think you guys are correct, I stand corrected. I thought college had a more simple definition of it than the NBA, but I cannot find anything to back that up. 

The team you are on obviously plays a difference as well.  Jordan Hulls is not a better defender than Rob Phinisee, regardless of what the numbers say.  Jordy benefitted from the team around him when he posted that number.  That said, the numbers show that Jordan was one of the weaker defenders on that team, which we knew. 

I find this year's numbers to be interesting,  There has been a lot of discussion in the game threads about Lander's and Hunter's struggles on defense.  The numbers indicate that it may not be as bad as we think.  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The team you are on obviously plays a difference as well.  Jordan Hulls is not a better defender than Rob Phinisee, regardless of what the numbers say.  Jordy benefitted from the team around him when he posted that number.  That said, the numbers show that Jordan was one of the weaker defenders on that team, which we knew. 

I find this year's numbers to be interesting,  There has been a lot of discussion in the game threads about Lander's and Hunter's struggles on defense.  The numbers indicate that it may not be as bad as we think.  

That is a very valid point. I do wonder how much when you're playing comes into it, and who you matchup on. 

For instance, the 2013 team Jordy obviously benefited from having a strong team around him, but he also was probably guarding the worst perimeter player most of the time. Vic was guarding the best, which makes his number even more impressive. 

Archived