McRoberts

KoB2011

15 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Definitely need high ranked guys, that fit your system and school, etc., but give me a team with a few high 5-star types and a group of talented, hard-working 4-star types with glue guys thrown in every day, those are the teams, in my view, that are built for the long term and that tend to get better and better.

agreed

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'll be stunned if McRoberts doesn't play a big role next season. The kid has proven that he not only belongs, but that he plays a style that impacts winning. I don't know if he'll start or not, but he'll be in the regular rotation and play a lot. 

If he can knock down open jumpers a few of times a game, he's a surefire starter. He's a kind of player who would bother me a ton if he's on the other team. The kid's everywhere and he's got a high level of awareness, quickness, and reflex that makes him around the ball a lot of times.  

7 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

If he can knock down open jumpers a few of times a game, he's a surefire starter. He's a kind of player who would bother me a ton if he's on the other team. The kid's everywhere and he's got a high level of awareness, quickness, and reflex that makes him around the ball a lot of times.  

Sort of Sheehey - like? I love players that annoy the hell out of fans of other teams.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Sort of Sheehey - like? I love players that annoy the hell out of fans of other teams.

Sheehey had a much different attitude and demeanor than McRoberts does. And he brought more offense to the table, but in terms of dirty work that doesn't show on stat sheets but helps a team win, McRoberts may have an edge. IDK, Sheehey's playing style has become a bit distant memory for me. :)

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I'll be stunned if McRoberts doesn't play a big role next season. The kid has proven that he not only belongs, but that he plays a style that impacts winning. I don't know if he'll start or not, but he'll be in the regular rotation and play a lot. 

Absolutely.  I’m surprised anyone would think otherwise.   He’s going to be a senior and does everything but score at a high clip.  Scoring can come from the other spots, but it’s hard to find all the things ZM does.  

51 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Sheehey had a much different attitude and demeanor than McRoberts does. And he brought more offense to the table, but in terms of dirty work that doesn't show on stat sheets but helps a team win, McRoberts may have an edge. IDK, Sheehey's playing style has become a bit distant memory for me. :)

Oh yeah I was just comparing as "sort of" similar the way that Sheehey got into opposing teams' heads / was someone that annoyed other teams' fans. Sheehey was much more of an "in your face" attitude guy, but I was thinking of the way McRob can annoy other team fans by his pesky D, a guy other teams may grow to -- if not hate -- find annoying.

2 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

When SHeehey came off the bench the year he won the 6th man award, he was a much more dangerous scorer.  He could score wasn't afraid to take it to the rim.  I don't think he was as good a rebounder and stealer as McBob is.  If McBob could just knock down 3-4 shots a game, 2s or 3s i would love his game overall 

Archived