2021 MLB Season

5fouls

I have no illusions that the Reds will be good.  But, I'm going to enjoy the season regardless.  I won't let it get to me like IU basketball does.  Even if he Reds aren't any good, there are few things more relaxing and enjoyable than watching a baseball game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I have no illusions that the Reds will be good.  But, I'm going to enjoy the season regardless.  I won't let it get to me like IU basketball does.  Even if he Reds aren't any good, there are few things more relaxing and enjoyable than watching a baseball game.

I agree and I like listening to the games on the radio as well.  Before cable I would get to see only about 30 Reds games a year and really enjoyed listening to Marty and Joe.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rico said:

Thanks for the article, Rico.

The Cubs were built on great pitching.  The hitting was good, but it has never reached its potential.  This year the pitching staff is not rated very high.  But could change.  The guy to watch is Aldozay.  If the pitching isn't there the Cubs will be selling.

How old is Albert Pujols?  Apparently not the age on the back of his baseball card.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/former-mlb-exec-albert-pujols-age/1munpjji15ukb1w1jj1o05kjhc?fbclid=IwAR1eYO3YdJ2cfXbqdEUnuC3RGdi1TvFsWyBUJ-UVwPLZ70-aldmp53q4N5g

Samson said, "There is not one person in baseball, not one executive, who believes Albert Pujols is the age that he says he is. The amount of fraud that was going on in the Dominican back in the day, the changing of names, the changing of birthdays, it would blow your mind."

As for Pujols, Samson didn't give the age he thought the baseball star truly was, but there is some history using Pujols' own words. Many people took notice in a 2018 interview with Yahoo Sports when Pujols may have revealed his true age.

"I actually hit it off Octavio Dotel, I think I told you that. I was about about 12, 13, almost 13 years old," Pujols said, describing his first-ever home run. "And we go back, you know, 28 years later, and here I am."

Using Pujols' math, 13 years old plus 28 years later would have made him 41 at the time of the interview. In the same interview, he said, "Well, Dotel, I believe he’s like three or four years older than me." The same math led to Pujols being 41.

So using that context, Pujols would be three years older than the 41 years old he's listed at currently (considering his birth date of Jan. 16 is accurate), which would theoretically make him 44.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Thanks 1

Triple A season to be delayed by at least a month.  I'm really hoping fans will be allowed in the stands.  And, if it's a restricted number, all the better.  It never fails that rude and disgusting people end up seated in front or behind me at a baseball game.  Would love to have some space when watching a game.  

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-will-use-alternate-sites-again-in-2021-and-start-of-triple-a-season-will-be-delayed-per-report/

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Triple A season to be delayed by at least a month.  I'm really hoping fans will be allowed in the stands.  And, if it's a restricted number, all the better.  It never fails that rude and disgusting people end up seated in front or behind me at a baseball game.  Would love to have some space when watching a game.  

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-will-use-alternate-sites-again-in-2021-and-start-of-triple-a-season-will-be-delayed-per-report/

I always get stuck around arszholes no matter what the venue is.  Hell, maybe I attract them?  LOL  Oh well, I am ready to catch a game or 20 in person.

18 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Spring training is such an awesome time of the year.   We have the optimism of having the whole spring and summer in front of us.   As much as I love baseball, can you believe I’ve never been to spring training?  Hopefully it’s in my future.  

I had the opportunity quite a few years back to go.  Took advantage of it while in the Tampa area.   Recently, I have had a family member choose to snowbird in Arizona.  He has been on me to get out there to go to some games.  TBH, if I go to 'Zona I would be more interested in the Grand Canyon and the Old West.

• Like 1